IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

Just now, Peter1450 said:

Does anyone wonder if Steve sits in Guernsey watching this nonsense he’s presiding over thinking what a great job he’s done.

I don’t for one minute think he has any shame. Or his lickspittle Gavin Marshall. 

4 minutes ago, Cidre Monita said:

I don’t for one minute think he has any shame. Or his lickspittle Gavin Marshall. 

Gavin Marshall - a total leach stealing a living at Ashton Gate. Odious man.

Edited by Komazawa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's embarrassing now. I feel for the players, but there should have been more investment in the squad. We also need a more experienced coach. I can imagine the same would happen if the men's team was promoted. SL wouldn't invest and we'd be straight back down again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pippintogg said:

It's embarrassing now. I feel for the players, but there should have been more investment in the squad. We also need a more experienced coach. I can imagine the same would happen if the men's team was promoted. SL wouldn't invest and we'd be straight back down again. 

Interesting thing though, feel for the team getting battered but if there was investment none of them I guess would be anywhere near playing?

Chance to play at the highest level and put themselves in the shop window so not all bad for the players maybe.

2 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Interesting thing though, feel for the team getting battered but if there was investment none of them I guess would be anywhere near playing?

Chance to play at the highest level and put themselves in the shop window so not all bad for the players maybe.

Can’t imagine much window shopping on that performance 

46 minutes ago, Pippintogg said:

What would happen to the men's team would be that the Sale & Purchase agreement would be inked well before our promotion celebrations were complete.

Unless of course SL got greedy and wanted more than his investment back.

Ah ... okay, we'd be straight back down.

Edited by Sleepy1968

I hope who ever is in charge of funding organising and basically the background of the women’s team are proud of themselves - that team has been hung out to dry this season absolutely shameful , 

really makes you wonder what would happen if ( massive if ) we ever got to the prem 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Peter1450 said:

Can’t imagine much window shopping on that performance 

I've not seen much evidence of any of the team giving performances that would attract interest from the WPL clubs. They have the resources to pick from anywhere in the world. Sadly we're just a Championship club at best...just like the men's team. 😔 

52 minutes ago, BCFC1512 said:

Embarrassing, did they even try this season….

The players did, squad just not good enough. They were under no illusions right from the start of the season with Lauren saying 'we're just little old Bristol City'. 

Some of those goals were a disgrace. But then it’s fair to say the effort matched those of the hierarchy in trying to be competitive, so ultimately the club has got what it deserved.  

Ultimately a massive opportunity wasted to at least try and cement a place at the top table in a growing market. 

I do wonder if the losses of playing at AG in the Championship will outstrip what it would have cost to bring in a couple of players. 

That ‘performance’ was a fitting tribute for the last use of those ‘orrible yellow shirts which, hopefully, will now be consigned to history. A more shambolic effort would have been hard to envisage. The City team appeared to have reverted back to the bad old days of women’s football where players seemed to have the skill sets, mental and physical strengths equivalent to an 8 year old boys side. 

I hope that I’m wrong, but I’m fearing the return of the ‘comfy club’ culture in both the women’s and men’s side of football. It was an embarrassing weekend for both with inept, limp-waisted performances. 

Steve Lansdown needs to be true to his word and stop us being a national ‘joke’ as regards to the City’s sporting offer. He needs to get a strong, forceful, mature and football-experienced CEO in urgently to stop the rot in this football club. Change the ‘that’ll do’, jobs for the boys, soft Bristolian culture to a hard-edged, win-at-all-costs one. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RedRock said:

That ‘performance’ was a fitting tribute for the last use of those ‘orrible yellow shirts which, hopefully, will now be consigned to history. A more shambolic effort would have been hard to envisage. The City team appeared to have reverted back to the bad old days of women’s football where players seemed to have the skill sets, mental and physical strengths equivalent to an 8 year old boys side. 

I hope that I’m wrong, but I’m fearing the return of the ‘comfy club’ culture in both the women’s and men’s side of football. It was an embarrassing weekend for both with inept, limp-waisted performances. 

Steve Lansdown needs to be true to his word and stop us being a national ‘joke’ as regards to the City’s sporting offer. He needs to get a strong, forceful, mature and football-experienced CEO in urgently to stop the rot in this football club. Change the ‘that’ll do’, jobs for the boys, soft Bristolian culture to a hard-edged, win-at-all-costs one. 

I do chuckle at they dozy Gasheads on social media sites taking the piss out of our womens team that got dicked by Chelasea and relegated whereas their girls are many league tables below ours and there has been occasions when City ladies have had bigger attendances than their mens first team!!!!

Like it or not Rovers fans:

MTG 🤣

Edited by Dolman Block B

7 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

I do chuckle at they dozy Gasheads on social media sites taking the piss out of our womens team that got dicked by Chelasea and relegated whereas their girls are many league tables below ours and there has been occasions when City ladies have had bigger attendances than their mens first team!!!!

Like it or not Rovers fans:

MTG 🤣

In fairness, they have turned over Frampton Rangers home and away, so knocking on the door of Champion’s League glory…

Tin hat on, but i think this "team" is an embarrassment to the good name of Bristol City. What's the point of them if they're not going to get the backing that they so obviously would have needed ?  Can't we change the name back to whatever it was before ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Tin hat on, but i think this "team" is an embarrassment to the good name of Bristol City. What's the point of them if they're not going to get the backing that they so obviously would have needed ?  Can't we change the name back to whatever it was before ?

Yeah fair play, it’s an absolute disgrace they’ve failed to achieve the unrelenting success that has so often been synonymous with the men’s team.

A Bristol City team getting relegated? There will be shockwaves being felt all around the world of football at that.

Stuff the thousands of people that have watched them at Ashton Gate this season at a time when the women’s game is growing exponentially, change their name and send them back to Stoke Gifford. We can’t have the decades of success that Bristol City have been associated with tarnished.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Yeah fair play, it’s an absolute disgrace they’ve failed to achieve the unrelenting success that has so often been synonymous with the men’s team.

A Bristol City team getting relegated? There will be shockwaves being felt all around the world of football at that.

Stuff the thousands of people that have watched them at Ashton Gate this season at a time when the women’s game is growing exponentially, change their name and send them back to Stoke Gifford. We can’t have the decades of success that Bristol City have been associated with tarnished.

No effort was made by the club to give the team a chance of staying up.

I think next season will see a very tough championship and after such a torrid season I think the side will need to start well and build confidence.

They will be seen as a scalp to take by others so they will have to be mentally and physically up for the battle.

I’m not convinced I’ve seen enough from the manager to suggest she is the right fit but I think you have to give her the chance to get the team going again.

Interested to see the attendances next season, bound to be some drop off due to relegation but how big a drop off will be interesting.

1 minute ago, Back of the Dolman said:

No effort was made by the club to give the team a chance of staying up.

Yeah I completely agree. After all the efforts to get promoted in the first place, the momentum that seemed to generate and the rapid rate the sport is growing you’d have thought there would have been a real effort to stay up and capitalise on the ever growing interest in women’s football, and the WSL in particular. But no.

Just another weird move by what is ever increasingly a very weird football club.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Oh shut T F up . I just don't care about wimmins football.what I DO care about is the only time our name gets splashed across the nationals and the beeb etc is when it's another humiliating thrashing for this bunch of gimps masquerading as Bristol City !

3 hours ago, bearded_red said:

Yeah I completely agree. After all the efforts to get promoted in the first place, the momentum that seemed to generate and the rapid rate the sport is growing you’d have thought there would have been a real effort to stay up and capitalise on the ever growing interest in women’s football, and the WSL in particular. But no.

Just another weird move by what is ever increasingly a very weird football club.

Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever’ why bother if you’re not going to do things properly’ just smacks of us being run on the cheap.