IGNORED

Bristol City Women - WSL / W Championship

Leveller

38 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Oh shut T F up . I just don't care about wimmins football.what I DO care about is the only time our name gets splashed across the nationals and the beeb etc is when it's another humiliating thrashing for this bunch of gimps masquerading as Bristol City !

Don’t click this thread then. It’s really easy.

Edited by bearded_red

• Admin
20 hours ago, LocoPal said:

Finger of blame should be directed at the Lansdowns. Womens team have brought in teriffic levels of support & revenue on non men's 1st team match days. All could be lost now.

Yet we've lost over £1m this season? 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Oh shut T F up . I just don't care about wimmins football.what I DO care about is the only time our name gets splashed across the nationals and the beeb etc is when it's another humiliating thrashing for this bunch of gimps masquerading as Bristol City !

There is no such thing as bad publicity!

• Haha 1

Catching up on this thread now, as I didn't feel checking it (or online in general) right after the game

After Man City losing to Arsenal earlier on Sunday, Chelsea had to do what they did to reduce the goal difference to give them a slim chance of winning the WSL title.

Although I left after the 7th (to go back & sit on the supporters coach)

Chelsea outplayed City on Sunday, simple as. Some good chances from City, and good that it was only 2-0 at half time.

Sunday was my 11th & final WSL away day of the season. Glad I've done Kingsmeadow (and other grounds). No real rush to go again soon...

19 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Catching up on this thread now, as I didn't feel checking it (or online in general) right after the game

After Man City losing to Arsenal earlier on Sunday, Chelsea had to do what they did to reduce the goal difference to give them a slim chance of winning the WSL title.

Although I left after the 7th (to go back & sit on the supporters coach)

Chelsea outplayed City on Sunday, simple as. Some good chances from City, and good that it was only 2-0 at half time.

Sunday was my 11th & final WSL away day of the season. Glad I've done Kingsmeadow (and other grounds). No real rush to go again soon...

Top marks. I did all men's games around 93. End conclusion, you'll really appreciate summer.

• Like 1

On 06/05/2024 at 14:36, Back of the Dolman said:

No effort was made by the club to give the team a chance of staying up.

I think next season will see a very tough championship and after such a torrid season I think the side will need to start well and build confidence.

They will be seen as a scalp to take by others so they will have to be mentally and physically up for the battle.

I’m not convinced I’ve seen enough from the manager to suggest she is the right fit but I think you have to give her the chance to get the team going again.

Interested to see the attendances next season, bound to be some drop off due to relegation but how big a drop off will be interesting.

I read somewhere that the London Lionesses have just been bought by a massively wealthy owner who was going to throw money at them. A wealthy owner - just like us then! Oh wait…….

5 hours ago, Cidre Monita said:

I read somewhere that the London Lionesses have just been bought by a massively wealthy owner who was going to throw money at them. A wealthy owner - just like us then! Oh wait…….

The difference being there's is someone who already has a huge interest in women's football and has only bought a small football club that used to be part of Millwall rather than Bristol Sport.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

6 hours ago, Cidre Monita said:

Yep, Michele Kang acquired them back in December

https://www.londoncitylionesses.com/post/michele-kang-acquires-london-city-lionesses-football-club

Although this season LCL have fallen down the table in the Championship & barely made survival, but that was mostly due to their pre-season 

She's also the majority owner of Washington Spirit in the NWSL in the US, and majority owner of multi-time Champions League winners Lyon

Hello,

We at BCFM radio are delighted to announce a new show dedicated to Bristol City Women's team which will run throughout the season next year.

The show will feature interviews along with fan conversations and we would love to hear from you if you would like to be involved. 
We're looking for passionate and knowledgable supporters who are confident in speaking on the radio to contribute opinions, insight and match reports.

BCFM is a community radio station here in Bristol. If you are interested in contributing, please send us a DM here on OTIB.

Anyone fancy a home win against Everton?

• Like 3

20 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Yep, Michele Kang acquired them back in December

https://www.londoncitylionesses.com/post/michele-kang-acquires-london-city-lionesses-football-club

Although this season LCL have fallen down the table in the Championship & barely made survival, but that was mostly due to their pre-season 

She's also the majority owner of Washington Spirit in the NWSL in the US, and majority owner of multi-time Champions League winners Lyon

Lucky her !

• Haha 1

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/city-women-news/city-women-end-of-season-awards/

The women's end of season awards will be presented after the conclusion of the Everton match this Saturday.

This includes the Champagne Moment, which has been shortened down to two:
Rachel Furness' equalising header at home against Arsenal
Brooke Aspin's winner at West Ham away
Voting closes Friday 10am
https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/vote-for-your-champagne-moment/

39 minutes ago, phantom said:

The departures have started.... 

Rachel Furness confirmed as leaving after tomorrow 

Was first tweeted by Emma Sanders at BBC Sport this morning, but the club have confirmed it now 

She's out of contract at the end of the season. Don't know if she was offered a new one or not. Lauren Smith did say previously that she'd like to keep as much of her squad as possible.

Had she not had her lengthy injury this season, this season may have ended up a little bit different.

Furney will be missed!

• Admin
13 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Was first tweeted by Emma Sanders at BBC Sport this morning, but the club have confirmed it now 

She's out of contract at the end of the season. Don't know if she was offered a new one or not. Lauren Smith did say previously that she'd like to keep as much of her squad as possible.

Had she not had her lengthy injury this season, this season may have ended up a little bit different.

Furney will be missed!

She'll be back to the North East 

5 hours ago, phantom said:

The departures have started.... 

Rachel Furness confirmed as leaving after tomorrow 

We will await the rest of the announcements, doubtless.

Furney is now 35 and I suspect home is calling - possibly on the coaching side, as she is certainly capable of entering that side of the game. One of the few signings made this season who had any real impact, and will leave some void to fill.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Furney is now 35 and I suspect home is calling - possibly on the coaching side, as she is certainly capable of entering that side of the game. One of the few signings made this season who had any real impact, and will leave some void to fill.

I don't suppose they will miss the other departures,hardly covered themselves in glory , did they ?

On 14/05/2024 at 18:51, shahanshahan said:

The women's end of season awards will be presented after the conclusion of the Everton match this Saturday.

Awards ? WTF !

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Furney joined in January of last season along with Grace Clinton. Both played important roles in the push for promotion.

• Robin 1

Even though it took place on Wednesday, the club have finally released the press conference. Not much to report on, but Lauren Smith confirmed that Layzell will be unavailable again for today's squad, and that the team will report back for pre-season training on July 1st

Hayles returns to start. Aspin starts in her final game of her loan spell.
Bull & Powell drop to the bench.

Furness is on the bench for her last game in a City shirt

KO 3pm, live on FA Player & BBC Radio Bristol (FM only, not DAB)

GN3O31nWkAAZroj?format=jpg&name=medium

30 minutes ago, Pippintogg said:

...spoke to soon..make it 2. Terrible defending. 

And that's the half time score.

It would have been no effort for me to attend this game (250 loyalty points for two tickets, live 2 minutes away from ground), but I'm so glad I didn't.

Fair play to the fans that have turned up week in week out throughout the season.

Hope The Championship is better next season.

Edited by Sleepy1968

On 14/05/2024 at 18:51, shahanshahan said:

Awards after getting utterly humbled. Embarrassing  

• Like 1

Just the 0-4 defeat at hope to Everton today finishing on 6 points and minus 50 GD. Take a bow Messrs Marshall and Lansdown. Truly outstanding. 
Watched the Man C game on TV earlier and had the indignity of our ladies being mentioned in their capitulation to Chelsea last week. We lost 0-8 to a misfiring team therefore handing Chelsea ladies the title on GD. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

And that's the half time score.

It would have been no effort for me to attend this game (250 loyalty points for two tickets, live 2 minutes away from ground), but I'm so glad I didn't.

Fair play to the fans that have turned up week in week out throughout the season.

Hope The Championship is better next season.

I can't see it being different next season. I've said it before, there's such a gulf between the 2 leagues, just like the men's game. Without money you can't compete and we know the Lansdowns won't do that. Also Smith has been woeful tactically this season. I'd recruit a new coach and greater experience in the squad. They could struggle and be mid table.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1