IGNORED

Jamie Smith

madmax

First time I seen him tonight and we MUST sign him. He was class in the right back position and hardly anything got past him against Premiership as well.

My chosen back four would be Smith, Coles, Fortune, Hill.

MM

Guest Neilio

Thought he had a solid performance bar one incident midway through the second half when there striker missed a sitter when Jamie got braged off the ball far to easily and then sold himself by sliding in - but then again they are preimier league. Other than that couldnt fault him, he got up the line repeatidly and put some good crosses in.

There's no doubting his ability but his disciplinary record is poor and so is his injury record.Thats probably why he's only got a one year deal.

One year deal? :D I didn't think he had any deal yet?

I agree that we must sign him, he's class. Tommy has a bad disciplinary record but that doesn't stop us loving him. The only trouble would be injury's. I can't see that there would be any other reason for not signing him but injury problems.

I think to sign him on a month to month deal would be the best or even a pay as you play deal. If he then get's an injury we can either not pay him or release him. Harsh i know but this is the reason footballers demand such high wages when they are playing so they can cover their backs when they're injured etc. Also i feel we should keep him until amankwaah is back and fully fit and then we can bring him in.

There's no doubting his ability but his disciplinary record is poor and so is his injury record.Thats probably why he's only got a one year deal.

Eh! Have I missed something, one year deal!! I'd be happy he was on a one year deal as if he is injury prone then he just walks away.

Not sure if a rolling contract, whether it be month by month or week by week is the way to go as it could unsettle the player because he has an uncertain future.

MM

I think to sign him on a month to month deal would be the best or even a pay as you play deal. If he then get's an injury we can either not pay him or release him. Harsh i know but this is the reason footballers demand such high wages when they are playing so they can cover their backs when they're injured etc. Also i feel we should keep him until amankwaah is back and fully fit and then we can bring him in.

Looks fit enough in the two matches I've seen him playing. Whats the history? Tins seems intent on signing him.

I can't believe people thought he played well!! that chance I think Lua Lua had was due to a mistake from him, his crossing at times was terrible. He may play better against lesser opposition, but on that performance I do not think we should offer a contract and look elsewhere for a right back.

I thought he played very well and i think most people at the ground last night thought he played well his defending was good and yeh it was his mistake but lua lua ws being cocky and smith made up for it i thought he played very well.

I spoke to him before the game and he was going to chat to tinnion on monday about having a contract at city and he said he gets on really well with the players.

That is the second city game I have seen him play and on both occasions he has done a good sound job, nothing spectacular (he is a defender after all) but good enough to curently be the best person at Bristol City to play rightback.

IMO we should sign him.. one year with possibilitys of extension seems about right.

Guest BCFC_Bradley_Stoke

Speaking to tins in the centenary lounge after the game last night I asked him if he was going to sign him and his answer was yes !! - I said he had a good game especially with the clearance to which tins replied "aye - and he's a solid battler as well which I like"

And that my friends was an exact quote - so expect him to be signed this week !!

as I said when Smith was offered a trial- I think he would be a HUGE addition to the squad if we signed him. Would actually be more excited about him signing than Heff or Orr.

Had injuries yes, but he is 29 which is not too old, solid defender and great crosser...and in a position that we really need someone.

yeah i think he should be signed becuase he was doing everything we want him to. he was getting foward quite a bit and put in decent crosses. u cant play coles there becuase he doesnt do this.

Yes I agrree and will add my opinion. He played well and full of confidence offering great forward support and was quick to get back and defend. I like his whole hearted approach to the game and am sure Tins will sign him.

Looked good getting forward and never dtopped battling. Crossing was sometimes dodgy but then he is a defender not a midfielder or forward. Think only reason not kept by palace was because he got injured. Pretty much ever present till xmas for them. Liked the way he made little runs down wing and got behind there defence on quite a few times.

Guest BCTIDBolts

Yeh hes got good stats on Champ Manager so thets sign him!

But seriously we should sign him. Coles out of position would be a waste of talent and who knows how well Amankwaah will do this season. I really hope hes not injury prone.

Smiths also quite a bit quicker than Carey on the attack chasing those through balls, i remember watching Carey last season when hed take it around a player or have the ball played through to him behind the defence and then agonisingly couldnt quite get away from the defender.

Sign him on sign him on.........

Guest Old Red In Exile

I will repeat what I said when I heard that Jamie Smith was having a trial.

I have seen him play loads of times for Wolves and he is a good 1st Division player, which is more than I can say about the average second division player that has just joined Coventry ! He will not let anyone down and has far more bottle and energy than last seasons occupant of the right back position. Worried about him being injury prone, the other bloke seemed as though he was always carrying an injury. We will get at least 3 years top quality service from Jamie Smith. Sign him now !

I can't believe people thought he played well!! that chance I think Lua Lua had was due to a mistake from him, his crossing at times was terrible. He may play better against lesser opposition, but on that performance I do not think we should offer a contract and look elsewhere for a right back.

No ofence but what game were you watching...? :D

I thought he played very well, he slotted into the Team nicely in my opinion, he's an attacking defender and played some good touches on the right, linked up well with Lita very well for the last 10 minutes.

Plus I bet the poor guy was messing his pants trying to impress Tinnion on the short remaining time thats left before the season starts.

I say sign him before the other clubs start licking their lips!

:@ Don't even think about it Sheff Wed's :@

Speaking to tins in the centenary lounge after the game last night I asked him if he was going to sign him and his answer was yes !! - I said he had a good game especially with the clearance to which tins replied "aye - and he's a solid battler as well which I like"

Shh!He also said that Jamie doesn't know it yet.Tins also said,in reply to being asked if Marcus Stewart was a possible target was "He's there,Yeah."

I would imagine that he would look at Stewart if we fail to find the net enough in the early games.

Archived