IGNORED

When is an acceptable time....

Andy082005

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

Losses against better clubs I can take. It’s the manner of defeat that I can’t take. We are like a bunch of one legged ducks swimming in circles without any tactical nouse. We have no creativity whatsoever, our dead ball situations are far too predictable, we are frightened of the ball, frightened of the physical challenge, wasteful with precious opportunities, and the way we set up and change tactics must come from a tombola. 

Out identity is that of the manager, someone who is desperately clutching at straws. 

We see players join and add spark and yet within weeks they are just as confused as the rest of the team.

None of the pre-match words even slightly resemble what is served up on the pitch for the following 90 minutes, and then the post match excuses are just as lame as our style of play, round and round in circles.

We could well be finishing mid-table this year if things stay the same.

Pretty well sums it up!

it wasnt hard to predict we were going to be totally overrun by west brom, and play with not a lot of passion or organisation, and thats what happened.

In Lj's plus column is the continued progress, undeniable and impressive.
But underneath that is the scrappy home football , no obvious playing style and a muddled recruitment policy . We are hard to beat away and hard to watch at home. Johnson does deserve credit but I really think that some of the progress is actually more consistency

408101843_Screenshot2020-02-23at19_45_46.png.876b03ac9bb279f1a62683c1f59ced72.png1941320467_Screenshot2020-02-23at19_45_15.png.bad7d9935538db1755283c1a8c785d0a.png1863755202_Screenshot2020-02-23at19_44_10.png.7269d446ac2c38e0736346c9a9e4535c.png485333851_Screenshot2020-02-23at19_43_31.png.b011877d04a934b605233da6374a7fed.png

Above is the last 4 years, progression or improvement is undeniable, but  apart from the 16/17 season 13 point jump, the rest is a one game/win . That is very small over a 46 games season. 
He, and the recruitment staff also deserve credit for bringing in players that help towards self sustainability. Again there is another side to that story. We signed bucket fulls of wingers when we played without wingers, we signed a CB on loan when we had 4 CB's with another back from loan, we send 2 CMF's out on loan sign 2 more who have never played in England. Another 3 where one has covered LB , one can't get near the team as he has no runners to pass too , and a third that has been sent on loan. I now that is a very simplistic way of looking at it, but it does point towards a non focused recruitment. 
LJ has said he has final say in signings , if this is true why hasn't he set a system he likes and got players to fit?
Anyway, my point of view is these discussions are pointless as only one person will say when enough is enough, and at the moment he is nowhere near pulling the trigger. What I do think though is, come the end of the season, promotion apart , LJ will be moving on. I don't see a scenario where our season Peters out and he stays, I don't even see a poor playoff showing saving him. I really believe that Lansdown is no mug, he is ambitious and loyal BUT, he is also watching what is going on and does want promotion, I imagine he also doesn't want to miss out year after year. I honestly think this next 12 games will decide LJ's future.

Archived