IGNORED

Best Obscure Little Known Track

Markman

12 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Jeez, I've got that (somewhere), haven't listened to it in yonks !

it's the lock down - I had 5 older brothers so at about 7,  I was into Blues then Prog and Hippy and Mod etc right through to my era of Punk etc and then all the re-births of certain genres - not much else to do but dig out some old stuff - luckily I have a pretty eclectic taste and this forum has given me some new ideas

On 10/04/2020 at 14:13, richwwtk said:

Probably Wayne/Jane's best known track by a country mile. Pretty well-known to punk and alternative music fans, I'd say.

I have a problem contributing to this topic though as I tend to like loads of stuff no one else does! Or few do, at any rate. I wouldn't know where to start.

On 10/04/2020 at 09:52, Markman said:

ok - pretty impossible given so many genres however I am getting through my musical library and looking for something a little more off the main tracks

try this 

or this next one (just the link this time) BoNingen - seen them a few times and the gig at the Thekla a few years back was simply stunning

https://youtu.be/5gFlnYaXvLE

I know both of thess may not be completely off the track so I could post some really obscure stuff :laugh:

My band played with BoNingen a few times back in the day. Theirs and my music "careers" have taken very different directions since!

Really difficult to pick one obscure track but I was listening to this earlier so I'll share it:

On 15/04/2020 at 16:27, LondonBristolian said:

My band played with BoNingen a few times back in the day. Theirs and my music "careers" have taken very different directions since!

Really difficult to pick one obscure track but I was listening to this earlier so I'll share it:

Have to ask what was your band? I saw BoNin loads of times and all over the place - may have seen you and yours?

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Played this and Rock and Roll Disgrace to a friend only last week and he was shocked how good they were. He said Burjing sounded like Deep Purple or someone similar.

Love Rock n Roll Disgrace. That's a brilliant rock song. Another good one is Someone Else Will, or have I got the title wrong?

If you don't go down on me someone else will, is the chorus. Hard as nails guitar rock.

19 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Love Rock n Roll Disgrace. That's a brilliant rock song. Another good one is Someone Else Will, or have I got the title wrong?

If you don't go down on me someone else will, is the chorus. Hard as nails guitar rock.

Andy Scott was very under rated, probably because there were so many very talented guitarists playing that kind of rock throughout the 70's.

29 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Andy Scott was very under rated, probably because there were so many very talented guitarists playing that kind of rock throughout the 70's.

They were actually very good vocally too. Lots of multi-layered stuff from 1974 on. I bought the box set a couple of years ago. Gonna have to get it out again methinks

5 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

They were actually very good vocally too. Lots of multi-layered stuff from 1974 on. I bought the box set a couple of years ago. Gonna have to get it out again methinks

I honestly think their Wikipedia page os one of the most informative I have ever read. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sweet

I wasn't aware that Brian Connolly was beaten up, had his vocal chords damaged and never fully recovered.

Archived