IGNORED

Favourite places

BigTone

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Barcelona and Rome. My two favourite European cities.

Seriously considered living in Barcelona at one stage. 

I love Barça. Got a few mates living there too, hoping to go when all this is over. My other favourite City is Chicago. Absolutely belting place with great people. 

Visit: of places I have actually been, toss up between Macchu Picchu and Antarctica. Somewhere where do want to go: dive live-aboard in the Galapagos 

Work: spent 20+ years in the Cayman Islands, fine by me. If a city, then NYC (not right now, mind).

Live: I reckon Southern Spain or Tuscany would be perfect.

4 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

I lived there for 20 years before I emigrated to Canada, miss the place tbh, especially my Sunday morning beach walks from my house on the beach at Preston down to the harbourside to get breakfast

We had an apartment in Gloucester Lodge on The Esplanade. I love the place.

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I drove through there last Monday. A beautiful sunny, warm day at about 10am and barely a soul in sight from Wyke Regis all the way out to Osmington. it was very surreal.

We sold up the apartment about 2 years ago and I do regret it. We will buy another asap.

Visit: Menorca or New York

Work: Was based at Dyrham Park, just outside Bath for 9 years and travelled throughout the England. Loved the place!!

Live: Cornwall......particularly Porthleven, hope to look for a place shortly.

10 minutes ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Ah, I think you are correct, my mistake! I looked into buying a flat in the Gloucester Lodge but bought my tiny little house at Overcombe Corner by the café instead

Gloucester Lodge was once a hotel but I think (could be wrong though) that it would have been before Wellers time. 

You probably dodged a bullet by not buying the flat as they are leasehold and the building had an awful lot of problems that you would have been expected to contribute to. Main reason we got out when we did.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Visit - Cuba

Work City centre (lots of women in the summer!)

Live - Scilly isles

I sometimes used to have lunch at Castle Park when the tax office(?) was there, full of office skirt! Unfortunately my girlfriend at the time wasn't too impressed when I was distracted :laugh:

Visit: Any one of the Yorkshire Dales, Gower Peninsula, Pembrokeshire, Northumbria, Cornwall, Isles of Scilly.

All outstanding places and I'm more than satisfied by what Britain has to offer.

For the daily grind I've always been content with Bristol but increasingly drawn to the idea of buying up a smallholding somewhere like Dartmoor/ elsewhere in Devon in the next few years.

Archived