IGNORED

Research on Sexuality in Football - Phase 2 Survey

theacademic

Dear all,

Many thanks to those of you who contributed to my earlier survey on this topic. As a result of this, I have moved to a second survey that has three follow-up questions, so it should not take you very long at all to complete (5 minutes):

https://doit.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_899Zz8SgZA8MFmJ

As always, I appreciate your time and thoughts.

@bcfcfinker: "Anonymisation, umm, one of those great words that tends to be quite meaningless in the digital age. The bigger the foot print you leave on the net, the more likely your anonymity is compromised. I am not a privacy nut, I just know how data collection/crunching works. If you don't care, then proceed.

Looks like his research is for an Australian university and subject to Australian data protection laws - it is not clear if GDPR would be followed.

Looks like qualtrics is being used to collect the data, this is an American company. My view, America is not renowned for its value on data privacy e.g. see most American social media behemoths and you'll see that they aren't paragons of virtue when it comes to data privacy.

No problem with research like this (I really don't care if someone is gay and I don't care if they want to keep it private, it is their choice).

This survey does not appear to be UK based, so you take your chances when it comes to the privacy of the data and the anonymisation."

On 17/04/2020 at 12:29, Seneca the Younger said:

No problem with research like this (I really don't care if someone is gay and I don't care if they want to keep it private, it is their choice).

This survey does not appear to be UK based, so you take your chances when it comes to the privacy of the data and the anonymisation."

To me this survey is just another survey and many of us will have completed other other surveys over the years and to me privacy is not a huge issue. 

Anyone who uses the internet will have their personal details ‘out there’ and anyone with the necessary skills could find out pretty much all they wanted........Privacy is a thing of the past.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

....Privacy is a thing of the past.

I have a tendancy to agree Robbo.

Anyone else with the same view can contact Robbored at:

24 Kings Hill, Nailsea, Nth Somerset. Phone: 01275 854999.

Donations can be made to:

Account name: Robbored

Bank: HSBC Nailsea

Account Number: 21876556

Archived