IGNORED

Todays Evening Post

Riaz

Murray willing be to revert back to his old role of right back if asked!

Personally I think Jamie Smith Looked impressive and Murray should only go right back in emergencys.

Also new WBA signings Kanu & Gera will not be playing on Tuesday nite.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

wouldn't suprise me if Tinman asks our flying Scotsman to play right back because Tins only wants attacking football :D:city::);):D:):city::city::city::city::city::city::city::city::city::city::city::city::city:

Guest simmos the gaffer

Thats alright if he's playing wing back in a 5-3-2 but would be a waste, and possibly a bit dodgy, if its in a flat back 4. Can't see it myself, especially as he has been playing up front in all the friendlies!!!

:D

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

Yeah but Murray and Bell were the full backs in a back four when we got promoted under John Ward....your not the gaffer so its not upto you matey....Tinman wants to be positive mate and you cant get much more positive than having Murray and Bell as attacking full backs with other attackers in front of them!! would be exciting stuff methinks...but in reality maybe Smith because he can still get forward abit it looks like anyway...

Guest Pjj171086

I doubt it !

Tins doesn't seem keen to play many people out of position and I think we will probably sign Jamie Smith anyway and he will play against Torquay !

Yeah but Murray and Bell were the full backs in a back four when we got promoted under John Ward....your not the gaffer so its not upto you matey....Tinman wants to be positive mate and you cant get much more positive than having Murray and Bell as attacking full backs with other attackers in front of them!! would be exciting stuff methinks...but in reality maybe Smith because he can still get forward abit it looks like anyway...

Adam Locke was the right back in the promotion team. Murray played on the right wing in place of Greg Goodridge sometimes but was more often a sub.

Guest simmos the gaffer

Calm down...

I think you'll find that Murray only played as a wing back and definitely not as a full back in a flat back 4. Why would Tins want to waste the chance of 15 goals plus numerous chances for others by playing Scotty at FB.

I'm a great believer in playing players in rightful positions where they are most comfortable and can do their best for the team, unless there is an emergency (although with 5 subs thats unlikely to occur too often!)

:D

Murray played as a full back towards the start of the division 1 season, with the mighty Greg Goodridge in front of him.

Our defence was shocking, but since it also contained Julian Watts, I don't think all of the blame can be placed on Scotty - and he was still better than Clemens Zwijnenberg!

Try Bell & Adam Locke.

Murray was in and out on th right wing/right wing back and Greg Goodridge was often preffered.

Whilst it's always good to hear a player saying that he doesn't mind playing a certain position if the need arises, I hope that this does not happen.

Murray is an attack minded player, that hasn't played in the right back position since 98/99 (his words).

I hope that we sign Jamie Smith before the Torquay game. Looked good on the attack, and didn't seem to bad defensively either.

Archived