IGNORED

italian dave

So, @Seneca the Younger Has gone for the longest ever thread title. I'm going for the shortest.

Full stop. That's what I'm thinking the whole season should come to now. Far to many problems, pitfalls, arguments trying to finish the season. And if they run the Prem without relegation, well what's the point.

Just give the title to Liverpool and have done with it

36 minutes ago, italian dave said:

So, @Seneca the Younger Has gone for the longest ever thread title. I'm going for the shortest.

Full stop. That's what I'm thinking the whole season should come to now. Far to many problems, pitfalls, arguments trying to finish the season. And if they run the Prem without relegation, well what's the point.

Just give the title to Liverpool and have done with it

Or better still,dont give the title to Liverpool. 

I agree, if you are going to plough on with the 2019/20 season to fulfil fixture obligations, then the 'normal' outcomes must be preserved. 

If the agreement is met that the games are played, at neutral venues behind closed doors but whatever these results no teams are relegated, then it seems a pointless thing to do. May as well declare the season finished/void and start the 2020/21 season when it's safe to do so.

Even then, I think it will be a while before fans are back in stadia.

Also, just for their reaction it would be funny NOT to give trophies to Liverpool and Leeds.

I think the solution is simple:

Play out the rest of the season on FIFA, with the respective managers controlling their respective teams. TV Broadcasters screen it. Any manager who throws down their controller in a huff after conceding a penalty and red card gets an automatic 3-0 defeat. All results binding.

Problem solved. 

14 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

I agree, if you are going to plough on with the 2019/20 season to fulfil fixture obligations, then the 'normal' outcomes must be preserved. 

If the agreement is met that the games are played, at neutral venues behind closed doors but whatever these results no teams are relegated, then it seems a pointless thing to do. May as well declare the season finished/void and start the 2020/21 season when it's safe to do so.

Even then, I think it will be a while before fans are back in stadia.

Also, just for their reaction it would be funny NOT to give trophies to Liverpool and Leeds.

I don't really understand why they'd cancel this season unless it was guaranteed 2020/21 could start on time in August. Otherwise why not just finish this season when it's safe to do so.

Yea great idea stop the season now so the bottom 3 in the Premier League guarantee themselves another £100million next year. 

Are you Karen Brady in disguise ?

What about stop the season , no relegation but teams relegated next season forfeit any parachute payments for the following 3 years (including all 5 teams relegated if Leeds and WBA are promoted).

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

I don't really understand why they'd cancel this season unless it was guaranteed 2020/21 could start on time in August. Otherwise why not just finish this season when it's safe to do so.

I'm not advocating that is what they should do, my point was more around the 'No Relegation' suggestion, that would make it pointless to finish.

The other interesting train of thought - which I think I read on here - was just wait until it's safe to do so then complete this season, even if that goes into early 2021, and effectively have no next season.

Obviously players contracts etc would make this a minefield as well as sponsorship/kit deals for new seasons, not to even start on TV deals!

• The topic was locked

Archived