IGNORED

Normal people

Robbored

• Admin

Yeah, I managed to get invited to a screening before it was shown on TV

Thought it was very good, also got a nice free copy of the book

Daisy Edgar-Jones is a great actress, if you like her too she plays a blind girl in Fox's "War of the Worlds" recently 

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

Yeah, I managed to get invited to a screening before it was shown on TV

Thought it was very good, also got a nice free copy of the book

Daisy Edgar-Jones is a great actress, if you like her too she plays a blind girl in Fox's "War of the Worlds" recently 

Lucky you!

I’d have to buy a copy......

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm glad I was able to watch it in one sitting, it drives me mad having to take weeks to watch something

I watched via iPlayer with a series link.  It’s the best thing that I’ve seen on tv for ages, 

• Admin
20 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Probably a top ten ‘box set’ series for me and I’ve seen my fair share.  Finished it yesterday and will watch it again next week. Good that they won’t ruin it with a second series as well.  Absolutely wonderful programme. 

I did wonder is Sally Rooney will now be tempted / persuaded to write a follow up following the massive success of the TV show?

I was gutted by the ending - did they go together or not?

30 MILLION views on iplayer alone

Just finished it last night.

The 2 main characters produced 2 of the best acting performances I've seen for a long time, you couldn't help but like them and empathise with them.

If only we all knew as teenagers how unimportant fitting in with the crowd at school and getting their approval was; a few years later and the chances are you'll be in contact with very few of them because neither party needs to or wants to.

Then we have 2 people where the only way they can be happy is to be together but with constant misunderstandings, the inability to express their feelings, and being so easily hurt, they keep on finding reasons not to.

You constantly want to bang their heads together.

I thought the ending was slightly unlikely  - given his frail mental condition and their emotional dependence on each other why would she encourage him to do that? 

Archived