IGNORED

The Robins

cheshire_red

After completing some research it would appear that our nickname may just be the reason for the clubs under achievement over the years.

If you consider the clubs that share our name such as Swindle Town, Cheltanham Town, Wrexham and Charlton for example they all share a common thread other than playing in red shirts and white shorts. That is that other than Charlton these clubs, ourselves obviously included have spent the majority of our existence in the lowere leagues and in Cheltenham's case below that.

With Charlton I put their comparative success and possible over achievement down to having two nicknames ie The Addicks, they even have three crests!

I therefore propose that we change our nickname to: Devils Guns and believe that this change of name will see our successful rise up the leagues to dominate Europe within four seasons.

Further research has shown that clubs with the nickname of Robins have, however, consistently out performed teams with the word Bristol contained within their name!!

Will we ever overcome?

I understand that after the turn of the last century, during our most successful league spells 1905-1920, we were more commonly known as the "Bristol Babes" due to the young age of most of our players.

Perhaps we should start using ye olde Bristol Babes emblem once more - the BCFC baby with a football rattle. BCFC used to always be depicted with a baby on Players cigarette football cards and in national newspapers etc circa 1900-1930.

We were The Robins for many years, hence the robin on some of the club's badges.

Charlton were and I believe still are "The Addicks". Swindon, like Crewe who also play in red & white, were "The Railwaymen". They have latched onto our name as the industries that gave their nicknames have closed.

Why don't we change our name to Real AC Madrid Utd City as well?

Surely then we'll have the European Cup in AG within 3 years at the most?

Even better would be Real AC Juve Utd Inter Arse City we would clean up, seven shirts for the price of one, people worldwide would be flocking to buy them especially if we place beckhenzenaldo on the back.

Archived