IGNORED

Next 8 games

weepywall

Sorry for this rant, had a few farmhouse ciders in the sun...I personally dont care if we lose the next 8 games (never felt like that before). I haven't got to make the effort to go to AG or  travel hundreds of miles away to watch some piss poor performance from a City team because i can't do that in these unprecedented times. I haven't renewed and have no intention of doing so at the moment, it just feels to me that with everything off the field moving in the right direction, on the field we are rapidly going in the wrong direction, millions spent, 45 odd players and a manager that cant pick 11 from that lot that he can "trust". I've always been a LJ fan and really hoped he would be the man for us but he obviously isn't. It has to change for next season surely??? Rant over ?

8 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Sorry for this rant, had a few farmhouse ciders in the sun...I personally dont care if we lose the next 8 games (never felt like that before). I haven't got to make the effort to go to AG or  travel hundreds of miles away to watch some piss poor performance from a City team because i can't do that in these unprecedented times. I haven't renewed and have no intention of doing so at the moment, it just feels to me that with everything off the field moving in the right direction, on the field we are rapidly going in the wrong direction, millions spent, 45 odd players and a manager that cant pick 11 from that lot that he can "trust". I've always been a LJ fan and really hoped he would be the man for us but he obviously isn't. It has to change for next season surely??? Rant over ?

Glad youve seen through him.

• Admin

I understand that this is a rant 

But a few presses of the enter key would have been appreciated 

One thing I would disagree with. Your point about off the pitch moving in the right direction, yes we have a nice stadium. But for me the matchday experience is dull and much of that is the way supporters have been pushed around the ground the past few years. Additionally I've never felt less like a supporter and more like a number on someone's business model before now

30 minutes ago, phantom said:

One thing I would disagree with. Your point about off the pitch moving in the right direction, yes we have a nice stadium. But for me the matchday experience is dull and much of that is the way supporters have been pushed around the ground the past few years. Additionally I've never felt less like a supporter and more like a number on someone's business model before now

Welcome to the world.

Sir do you have money?

do you have money I can take from you?

will you have money in the future ?

No well f off then.

(enter key used).

I think it would be a shame to waste all the optimism that was surrounding the club what with last season just finishing short and the nice stadium we now play in, but if they are not careful and continue to take a lot of the fans for granted it wont be long before they're playing in a half empty stadium, if we again fall short this season and I'm not going to use the excuse of the enforced break (it's the same for everyone) then surely we will start next season with another manager. 

7 hours ago, phantom said:

I do wonder whether the club will see a reduction in season ticket sales moving forward (much as other clubs across the country). As @weepywall says it’s difficult to motivate going to games with such poor performances on the pitch.

As we face uncertain times, especially financially for many - the cost of going to sport is an expensive business. People who would normally go to games religiously every week, have spent more time at home with families etc - maybe a change to their priorities , outlook.

Of course we want to see our club win every week, but ultimately we all know we won’t, which I  believe most accept. What we do want though is to be entertained and over a number of seasons that has been reduced 

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Couldn't agree more, I was speaking to my mate the other day and we said similar. I am not saying I want loads of trouble but I want away fans to feel intimated by coming to the Gate not welcomed into a fan zone. I want the atmosphere to be buzzing round the ground not just sticking the singers as far away as possible to away fans in a corner. 

I understand everyone has there own idea of a match day experience but I always remember back to when I first really started going regularly under Wilson in the B block dolman, always a good atmosphere that travelled around the ground.

I know its what the fans wanted I honestly believe the opening of the eastend and ever since sticking all singers in one section has killed the atmosphere. There are now only a handful of people in other parts of the ground to try and get it to spread and it never works.

I wouldn't say or agree that "on the field we are rapidly going in the wrong direction," I would say it's more a case of us treading water, going around in circles, getting bogged down. Stuck.

We've come so far, but there is still a way to go "to get to where we want to be," but it doesn’t look like we know how to move forward from here. 

51 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

24 points available. I would suggest the following is where we stand 

18-24 points = play offs

14-17 points = just miss out but encouraging end to season so LJ continues

10-13 points = LJ job in the balance. 50/50 either sacked or one more season 

0-8 points = sacked 

I think it's quite possible that we'll only get two wins and two draws from the last eight games. I still don't think he'll be sacked

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I think it's quite possible that we'll only get two wins and two draws from the last eight games. I still don't think he'll be sacked

If we achieve that and finish around 12th then I would hope that would be classed as unacceptable. 

I have been a LJ supporter as I believed supporting him was the best thing to do and what is the point in hiring a young manager and not giving him a few years to build a squad and learn on the job. I’m quite patient.  However, he shows zero sign of learning from his errors. Finding it very hard to continue to back him 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

If we achieve that and finish around 12th then I would hope that would be classed as unacceptable. 

I have been a LJ supporter as I believed supporting him was the best thing to do and what is the point in hiring a young manager and not giving him a few years to build a squad and learn on the job. I’m quite patient.  However, he shows zero sign of learning from his errors. Finding it very hard to continue to back him 

I agree with all of that. I just don't trust Lansdown to sack him

13 hours ago, weepywall said:

Wow its just clicked. No need to apologise.

37 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

If we do not go up then why doesn’t he get sacked 

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Well, quite

But will it happen  ? If we made a good show of which we have not since November last year and we made some kind of play off final then another season with LJ might be acceptable by the majority.

I remember the division 1 days and there are lots on OTIB that are younger and not have witnessed the Gate at capacity with us playing the likes of the Liverpool’s and the tight matches when we struggled to stay in division 1 like Coventry away on the night match that all that Of us attended will always remember. I remember away matches at Arsenal and many others.

I do not like beIng a critic of any one but LJ is the manager and the buck stops with him. I’m no longer live in the UK but always get back at least twice a year and attend a home match at the gate. I remember the great years of the 70s and early 80s and those of which have not experienced those years they deserve it big time.

with covert now it looks like I can not go back to the UK for some time. Those of you that regularly attend all the home matches and away ones need to have your dreams  for filled and it is not going to happen until unfortunately a new manager is found and established.

1 minute ago, City oz said:

But will it happen  ? If we made a good show of which we have not since November last year and we made some kind of play off final then another season with LJ might be acceptable by the majority.

I remember the division 1 days and there are lots on OTIB that are younger and not have witnessed the Gate at capacity with us playing the likes of the Liverpool’s and the tight matches when we struggled to stay in division 1 like Coventry away on the night match that all that Of us attended will always remember. I remember away matches at Arsenal and many others.

I do not like beIng a critic of any one but LJ is the manager and the buck stops with him. I’m no longer live in the UK but always get back at least twice a year and attend a home match at the gate. I remember the great years of the 70s and early 80s and those of which have not experienced those years they deserve it big time.

with covert now it looks like I can not go back to the UK for some time. Those of you that regularly attend all the home matches and away ones need to have your dreams  for filled and it is not going to happen until unfortunately a new manager is found and established.

I am not asking for promotion. I just want progress every season even if it is small. I also dont want to see mistakes being repeated. 

If we cannot achieve a positive goal difference in any season and show no signs of doing so then maybe it is time to move on

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

24 points available. I would suggest the following is where we stand 

18-24 points = play offs

14-17 points = just miss out but encouraging end to season so LJ continues

10-13 points = LJ job in the balance. 50/50 either sacked or one more season 

0-8 points = sacked 

Stop it....agree again.

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I am not asking for promotion. I just want progress every season even if it is small. I also dont want to see mistakes being repeated. 

If we cannot achieve a positive goal difference in any season and show no signs of doing so then maybe it is time to move on

Little progression has been achieved. It’s gone in the correct direction as getting slightly better. But slightly better can only be accepted for a short period of time.

everyone wants their championship club to get promoted . But we are not everyone as we have a stadium that  is first class, players that are first class, players that have international respect, players progressing through the academy, young players that can only get better and progress their careers further.

its time to move I think 

6 minutes ago, City oz said:

Little progression has been achieved. It’s gone in the correct direction as getting slightly better. But slightly better can only be accepted for a short period of time.

everyone wants their championship club to get promoted . But we are not everyone as we have a stadium that  is first class, players that are first class, players that have international respect, players progressing through the academy, young players that can only get better and progress their careers further.

its time to move I think 

I would argue this current squad is not first class at all which is the fault of LJ and Mark Ashton. 

On 22/06/2020 at 20:37, weepywall said:

Yeh me too mate. Johnson is gonna be gone soon. Most are seeing through his bull shit.

We may get a better manager, we may get a worse manager. BUT I want to see a City team that play for the shirt even if we lose. This current set up with Johnson always throwing players under the bus and giving excuses is just not good enough.

Johnson OUT.

Archived