IGNORED

Pemberton

glen humphries

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Was still being paid by us for a significant amount of time, and same when he left Birmingham 

Why would he consider taking another job and possibly work for less money then what he was making sat on his backside at home?

Depends if you want to be a football manager or not i suppose - i don’t imagine he’s short of a few quid

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Was still being paid by us for a significant amount of time, and same when he left Birmingham 

Why would he consider taking another job and possibly work for less money then what he was making sat on his backside at home?

I believe he also had a neck or shoulder problem which required surgery and of course recovery time and no doubt physio of some sort.

Fully recovered now I believe.

5 hours ago, glen humphries said:

Cotts is a mans man , calls it how it is and there was no bullshit bingo with him .

He was also taking Birmingham down- and arguably us.

He has a few flaws too, much as I'm intrigued to see thinking back it would have gone had he been more pragmatic in that first season back up, held on, been more patient and waited for the extra income to become available to him from summer 2016 onwards.

Imagine if we'd spent as he wanted, not gone up- perfectly possible in such a competitive League and wound up with an embargo the next season- he would not have liked that- at that time, overspend in one season=automatic ounishment was:

A fine if promoted, a transfer embargo if not!! Cotts, the dynamic there wouldn't have been good if he was told we couldn't spend because we broke spending rules and got a transfer embargo!

7 hours ago, glen humphries said:

Can’t help but think lee jay should of kept John pemberton on the staff vastly experienced and the players seemed to like him , got a feeling lee saw John as a threat to him?

Not at all.

SL told LJ to recruit  his own assistants and LJ appointed Deano who he worked with at Oldham and Macca who he knew from his playing days. Most, if not all higher league managers have their assistants wherever they go - guys they trust and respect.

Pemberton was surplus to requirements.Thats nature of professional  football.

10 hours ago, Renaissance Williams said:

I make absolutely no claim to profound footballing knowledge but, results apart, I missed Cotts. My old seat was within spitting distance of the home dug out in the Grand Old Williams and his very loud comments were always entertaining – and sadly thin on bullshit. No wonder he went......

And if my memory serves me well, wasn’t it Pemberton rather than his glorious successor who turned us round and got us back to winning ways in the few games he had BLJ? Whatever happened to his future career, I think he was of much service to the City and deserved much better.

Pemberton shored things up for a few games and, as is typical for a caretaker manager, went back to basics for a few games getting some good results in the process. The sample size is too small to suggest whether it was him that turned us around for the remainder of the season. I know it's trendy to bash him for everything, but LJ does deserve credit for the end of 15/16 in which we did get some great results. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Pemberton shored things up for a few games and, as is typical for a caretaker manager, went back to basics for a few games getting some good results in the process. The sample size is too small to suggest whether it was him that turned us around for the remainder of the season. I know it's trendy to bash him for everything, but LJ does deserve credit for the end of 15/16 in which we did get some great results. 

Johnson kept the same format of the team that Pemberton introduced for quite a few games after his arrival. If I remember correctly, he then altered the team in the last six matches, to learn about them. Don't think we won in those last games, or if we did it wasn't much. That's from memory, would like to see the results if anyone can access them.

9 hours ago, RedHienz said:

Lets create random narratives!

Should never have let Tony Fawthrop leave.....

Let's get real. We've been ****** since the day Alan Walsh walked out the door.

On a more serious note, I think Keith Millen has had the most-impressive post-City career of any recent-ish backroom staff member. If he'd never wanted - or got - the manager's job, maybe he could have been a real asset for years to come. 

Archived