IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

5 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

This is what the article actually says, "Robbie Fowler is believed to be another, and Dean Holden could well be interviewed "

I'm failing to see where it states either of them IS getting an interview.

True . Poorly worded from me . Maybe I could get a job working for a newspaper  ;)

7 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

This is what the article actually says, "Robbie Fowler is believed to be another, and Dean Holden could well be interviewed "

I'm failing to see where it states either of them IS getting an interview.

Dean Holden did a fine job apparentely. Don't know what their definition of 'fine' is. 

If Holden gets the job i'm done with the club but I think that's unlikely to happen.

7 minutes ago, Taz said:

8 candidates, go....

1. Hughton

2. McCarthy

3. Jokanvic

4. Daum 

5. Fowler

6. Lowe

7. Flynn

8. Cooke

9. Holden

That's off the top of my head, in about 30 seconds. Yes I know there's 9, but that just shows how easy it is to get a large number from just some of the names that have been mentioned, on here, and excludes the people who have distanced themselves (Gerrard, Cowley).

Do we really have a shortlist of 8, or is someone making up a list and consequently a story? A shortlist of 8, is not really short is it.

If it takes another 7-10 days, then that will be about 4 weeks without a head coach. 

Also don't buy the Holden may get an interview as well "given his fine job in the last weeks of the season". We beat a few teams lower down the league, and still struggled against a few better ones.

Don't believe everything you read.

James Piercy says they are interviewing today.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Indeed the only place that said we got hughton was talkshite

Even the mail said if hughton is appointed,

We wont hear anything until later today or Monday as there is a process to follow

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Maybe they'll do one of those group workshop interviews. Split the managers into two groups and get them to solve the fox, chicken, grain puzzle...

21 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/search-bristol-citys-head-coach-4360286

Holden getting an interview. Also Robbie Fowler. Ah feel much more assured now :laughcont:

We are acting with ‘class’ then apparently, and that’s why it’s taking so long?  We’re not a charity fgs, we don’t owe Holden an interview and Fowler is just farcical. Let’s just get it done! 

Just now, lenred said:

We are acting with ‘class’ then apparently, and that’s why it’s taking so long?  We’re not a charity fgs, we don’t owe Holden an interview and Fowler is just farcical. Let’s just get it done! 

this is coming from the post there won't be much truth in it,

I dont get why anyone believes that shit piece

1 minute ago, lenred said:

Save your outrage. Nowhere does it say that either of them are having an interview. 

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

this is coming from the post there won't be much truth in it,

I dont get why anyone believes that shit piece

Because it’s the local paper who you would think would not want to piss off the club that feeds their articles and thus their livelihoods by reporting complete and utter bollocks. 

In real life, you do interview a selection of candidates in order to get a broad view on what people have to offer your company / business. It’s just football is a different world, but perhaps not for the Lansdown family. 

At least Mark Ashton can report back with his findings, he’s only really doing his job and possibly what he’s been tasked to do?

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This is absolute peak City in the very worst sense.

If Hughton is available, keen and can be secured for the right money, it’s an easy decision.

Better to be patient and wait until other clubs are in the mix I think, adds to the excitement!

19 minutes ago, Taz said:

8 candidates, go....

1. Hughton

2. McCarthy

3. Jokanvic

4. Daum 

5. Fowler

6. Lowe

7. Flynn

8. Cooke

9. Holden

That's off the top of my head, in about 30 seconds. Yes I know there's 9, but that just shows how easy it is to get a large number from just some of the names that have been mentioned, on here, and excludes the people who have distanced themselves (Gerrard, Cowley).

Do we really have a shortlist of 8, or is someone making up a list and consequently a story? A shortlist of 8, is not really short is it.

If it takes another 7-10 days, then that will be about 4 weeks without a head coach. 

Also don't buy the Holden may get an interview as well "given his fine job in the last weeks of the season". We beat a few teams lower down the league, and still struggled against a few better ones.

Don't believe everything you read.

John Terry could be added to the list as probably the closest to a ‘Gerrard type’ signing 

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Because it’s the local paper who you would think would not want to piss off their pseudo employer by reporting complete and utter bollocks. 

The local paper who goes out of its way to post negative or any story that shows the club in a bad light,

That has proven time and time again that it has no inside knowledge 

It does nothing but report complete and utter bollocks with sensationalist headlines to get gullible people to click on it so it can make add revenue

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

The local paper who goes out of its way to post negative or any story that shows the club in a bad light,

That has proven time and time again that it has no inside knowledge 

It does nothing but report complete and utter bollocks with sensationalist headlines to get gullible people to click on it so it can make add revenue

I thought Gregor had forged closer ties with the club and as a result the information coming out was more reliable?  What I was led to believe but may well be wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

John Terry could be added to the list as probably the closest to a ‘Gerrard type’ signing 

There we go, in about 20 minutes we've got a list of 10 (eleven if you count Lez). 

This journalist business is easy :mafia:

24 minutes ago, Tomo said:

As i said.... Bored now. The club really have no idea that 'timing means everything' to the fans... 

Following breaking news by the press and media yesterday... We now have to wait for another 7 to 10 days? 

Have a good weekend guys... 

I'm sure the club have every idea that some fans are as impatient as ****. Sensibly, they'll ignore that.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Only Hughton though, hence my excitement/prematurity last night! Still encouraging though, I think. Assuming Hughton impresses today they can't keep him waiting on a decision long. 

There are treatments for that you know

Archived