IGNORED

Let’s not waste this opportunity

Robbored

SL has made it perfectly clear that he wants promotion to the PL - that’s great and I’m sure that many of us City would like the same.

He employed LJ to do just that, gave him 4.5 years to do it and it hasn’t happened.

So.......nows the opportunity to employ a guy with a track record of promotion from the Championship and give him 3 seasons to do it.  Whoever that is they’ll have to work within SLs strategy- unless SL decides to abandon the strategy in an effort to reach the promised land.

I really hope the club don’t waste this chance to really go for it by employing someone with no Championship experience or a CV that has no promotions in it - That’s what happened with LJ and look what happened there.............:facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I really hope the club don’t waste this chance to really go for it by employing someone with no Championship experience or a CV that has no promotions in it - That’s what happened with LJ and look what happened there.............:facepalm:

What appointing a manager who for 4 seasons moved the team higher up the division each season? Yes he didn't reach the play offs but given where the club was where he took over LJ was far from a failure here, he just couldn't keep up with how quickly the other elements of the club were developing raising the expectations while also based upon often being around the play offs with 10 games to go but not being able to make that last push.

If we appointed someone who did a comparably similar job to LJ's at the point both took/take over we'll be reaching the play offs and just need that person to take that next step.

Archived