IGNORED

Championship managers use this 1 simple secret to outplay Bristol City

Prinny

Press. And we hoof it, constantly giving away possession because our midfield cannot play through the opposition.

This is what Boro and Hull didn't do when we were playing better than them.

And we saw Lee Johnson's coaching influence on Holden today. Just waiting for the opposition to score when they're launching wave after wave of attack and doing nothing.

Just now, Prinny said:

Press. And we hoof it, constantly giving away possession because our midfield cannot play through the opposition.

And we saw Lee Johnson's coaching influence on Holden today. Just waiting for the opposition to score when they're launching wave after wave of attack and doing nothing.

That's why were shitte at home.....teams let us have the ball and press resulting in hooooooofffff

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

We did in the first half, albeit sporadically.  We looked like 3 games in 7 days in the back of a busy period had caught up with us.  Understandable.  Opposition teams aren’t gonna roll over.

Look how McClean bust a gut to close Hunt down.  He barely was allowed to take a touch in our half.  The good thing was, deliberate or not, Hunt changed tactic!:

43 mins - ball to Hunt, McClean charges at Hunt.  Hunt knowing he’s gonna not have time, plays one first time over the top.  Wells almost on it.

44 mins - same scenario, McClean goes to close down thinking Hunt is gonna take a safe touch, but he curls a ball into the box for Diedhiou, who wins a corner.  We score from that.

That to me told me that players were showing intelligence.  

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

Hoof it was both sides tonight. Apart from the kick off did either side make a successful pass to a team mate in the first 10 minutes. 

2 hours ago, Prinny said:

Hmm......is this why City battle against relegation all season?............:dunno:

Oh wait..............:cool2:

I think Dean is doing ok and has steadied the ship.

The loss at Cardiff pretty much ended our season .

Dean & J McA all top blokes and love this club.

However it really really is time to move on and time for a new Management  structure entirely and one that is appointed by the new Manager who should not be from within. Evil Post bullshit about DH potential to be appointed is exactly that and click bait.

However- if they get rid of Murray or Tinman then there will' be blood'!

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Hmm......is this why City battle against relegation all season?............:dunno:

Oh wait..............:cool2:

There's a reason I used the word outplay and not beat. :punish:

Possession, shots, shots on target, chances created, all point to this over the course of the season. :sunwon:

Does anyone think we've been outplaying the opposition most of the season? :dunno:

Is this the reason we're not in contention for the playoffs? :winner_third_h4h:

Oh wait............:boxing::dance::bounce::banana:

We have built our success (and we have been relatively successful) in the last few seasons on not being in possession.  This is why our away form has been consistently better than our home form, and why we’ve often struggled against lower teams while beating the top teams.  A lot of teams play that way these days.  I’m not saying I like it, but there are a lot of teams who have achieved success with 35% possession.

Stoke were a very decent side with some good players, and a lot at stake.  I’m not surprised they came at us and I’m not sure what other way we could have played it.  I’m disappointed we didn’t win, but I’d prefer to put that down to the opposition, rather than our win failings,

Somehow still LJs fault when he got sacked 12 day’s ago 

Just now, Chappers said:

One simple secret, our midfield has lacked bite since Josh left... That anybody who has watched City will be aware of

Very true (although I though Korey Smith had his best game of the season tonight), and I’m sure that will be addressed as soon as we have a new Head Coach in place.

6 minutes ago, Chappers said:

One simple secret, our midfield has lacked bite since Josh left... That anybody who has watched City will be aware of

We were pretty inconsistent with him in the team too.  But I think playing 532, he’d have improved us.

On 15/07/2020 at 19:04, Prinny said:

They also press but with some good central cover- 3 or a shape easily convertible into a 3- we cannot play through certainly combined with pressing and being outnumbered in there.

Great to see a stable selection, piss poor to see us totally overrun in the second half and the 4 subs available squandered -  LJ still influencing things, more balls needed and I’m talking about the ones tucked up in the warm - if Deano had any chance of stepping into LJ’s shoes he threw it it away!

On 15/07/2020 at 21:38, Chappers said:

Spot on. Particularly when you see how well he has been doing at Burnley. No wonder we have gone backwards

Archived