IGNORED

Swansea City v Bristol City Match Day 45

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

First defeat in 4 and we're getting relegated next season.

Though some have had us going down every season for the past 4 years so I guess it's not surprising.

Just look at the 2 teams we beat. Puts things into perspective for me. No, repeat no game plan. New man will earn his corn here.

23 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Palmer has a poor game and is sent to the wilderness for months. If Johnson was never going to give him a chance why the hell did he sign him.

You may have stumbled upon the answer to your own question. 

17 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Tomlin with yet another assist with a defence splitting ball today, letting him go was criminal

No, Lee did not have the strength of character to handle him; what you should be saying is that Ashton and Lee should never have signed him in the first place; they have made some dreadful signing decisions, he being only one of them.

16 minutes ago, Redtrojan said:

Hopefully not the same players.

I fear same players same result.

We don’t have a single striker that gives me any hope.

The new guy will need massive financial support and skill in the market -or does Ashton do that independent of the manager?

Next season will be one of transition,at least there will be little expectation to put pressure on the players or manager.

Bah humbug to that. Nothing but promotion is needed; you cannot keep staring down the barrel of 100million and only receiving 2 or 3 every single year, its simply ludicrous. Enough of this mediocore step by step BS. Time to get a promotion expert in and fast; they have had 2 weeks they must know who they want within a list of less than 3.

11 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It really wasn't. The bloke was poison.

Quite so.

5 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

First defeat in 4 and we're getting relegated next season.

Though some have had us going down every season for the past 4 years so I guess it's not surprising.

Whilst I don't think we would be relegated next season I don't think we would be good enough to go up either, and after four and a half years of stability and countless players bought and yes I know we have lost a few as well that is a very disappointing thing for me to have to say. 

10 minutes ago, maxjak said:

The new manager has a massive job to do, and only 7/8 weeks to achieve it.  We have a very long way to go.before we reach the top six.  Miracle worker needed?

Think the recent games have shown there is still quality in this squad, just need someone to mould them into playing an effective style. Perhaps not next season for play offs but no reason we shouldn't be back in the top 10.

27 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Who are the four? 

Nagy, Massengo, Walsh and Morrell.

To be clear, I'm not saying those four are better than Smith, or that the new manager will prefer them to Smith. I am just saying that it is possible the new manager will look at the squad and decide he has four midfielders he wants to work with (or that he rates them but wants to bring in a fifth to suit whatever style he wants to play) so it is not necessarily as straightforward as simply keeping Smith because he is decent at this level. That might mean offering a new contract and continuing to pay wages for a player who never gets used or does not fit whatever system the new manager uses.

For what it's worth, I personally rate Smith and would be happy if we kept him. I just don't think we should offer Smith a new deal simply because he is out of contract and the new manager might want to use him. That said, the sooner we can get a manager in who can make a decision one way or another, the better for Smith and the better for us. 

1 minute ago, CiderHider said:

Some of the best footballers are egotistical bellends, can you imagine trying to manage Roy Keane without being Alex Ferguson?

Roy Keane was a strong personality, with forthright views, who other players respected. 
Lee Tomlin was a fat little nancy boy with the personality of a 7 year old. 

Give me a better comparison please ..... 

One of those games decided by a single goal. We had enough energy but lacked creativity. But take Ayew out of the Swansea side they were nothing brilliant either. Famara should have scored from the spot to give us a 1-1 draw, which in normal circumstances we'd take all day long. We're going to finish 11th or 12th (considering we've got Preston last) which isn't bad but not good when the play offs should have been within our grasp. Oh well, let's get a new head coach on board and go again next season. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Roy Keane was a strong personality, with forthright views, who other players respected. 

That bell end at Fleetwood? 

Players like Tomlin and Palmer thrive on being given a free reign to ply their trade. Lj's style of play required everyone to do a certain job in a certain place. The two things just werent compatible. They didnt fit the greater plan. Maybe he signed them as luxury assets to use when the situation arose. Problem was, the situation never arose so they did not fit. LJ liked his players to graft so there was no room for flair. Maybe the new man, or woman, will play a different style. We sall see.

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

Nagy, Massengo, Walsh and Morrell.

To be clear, I'm not saying those four are better than Smith, or that the new manager will prefer them to Smith. I am just saying that it is possible the new manager will look at the squad and decide he has four midfielders he wants to work with (or that he rates them but wants to bring in a fifth to suit whatever style he wants to play) so it is not necessarily as straightforward as simply keeping Smith because he is decent at this level. That might mean offering a new contract and continuing to pay wages for a player who never gets used or does not fit whatever system the new manager uses.

For what it's worth, I personally rate Smith and would be happy if we kept him. I just don't think we should offer Smith a new deal simply because he is out of contract and the new manager might want to use him. That said, the sooner we can get a manager in who can make a decision one way or another, the better for Smith and the better for us. 

Walsh and Morrell need to be given an opportunity next season(should have played this season) but Nagy and Massengo need to be moved on two unnecessary signings just not good enough. Nagy is weak unsuitable to the physicality of the league Massengo has played more first team games than all the academy players put together and has contributed nothing don't rate him at all

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

:laugh:, some personalities just don't click, I can easily see them both clashing 

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Was he ever the best player in any of his the teams? 

I would say so only to step on someones boot, claim it wasn't him then pick a fight or decide on a head butt which, as I recall, he did to Ainsworth at Wycombe was it? Gareth had the last laugh there anyway. That said i was unaware the comparison needed to be a player who was the best in his team.

2 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

Middlesbrough who haven't won at home this year and Hull who are bound for league 2 

Which is an immensely amusing piece of news.

15 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

Some of the best footballers are egotistical bellends, can you imagine trying to manage Roy Keane without being Alex Ferguson?

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

That said i was unaware the comparison needed to be a player who was the best in his team

Yep. The question was “some of the best footballers”. 
Can’t ever recall Barton being one of the best footballers in his team. 

1 minute ago, havanatopia said:

I would say so only to step on someones boot, claim it wasn't him then pick a fight or decide on a head butt which, as I recall, he did to Ainsworth at Wycombe was it? Gareth had the last laugh there anyway. That said i was unaware the comparison needed to be a player who was the best in his team.

Which is an immensely amusing piece of news.

They are club in a absolute mess they are bound league 2 not next season but the one after 

Archived