IGNORED

We need to get rid of x, y, z

Harry

18 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

My thoughts are a new Manager could make all of our players improve. Happens all the time in football. 

100% agree, there is enough talent in that squad to push for promotion. If the OOC players go then good luck to them and integrate the young players who have now matured into the first team squad

Johnny Smith, Walsh & Morrell need to be considered 

It will be an interesting transfer window and I can only see us dealing in season long loans for gaps we need to plug as will many other clubs

The new coach whoever that may be will need to work with what he’s got in the squad so an experienced Championship level coach is a must if we are to get anywhere near the top 6 next season

Hughton is who I think fits the role perfectly but who knows who SL has in mind 

13 minutes ago, INCRED said:

100% agree, there is enough talent in that squad to push for promotion. If the OOC players go then good luck to them and integrate the young players who have now matured into the first team squad

Johnny Smith, Walsh & Morrell need to be considered 

It will be an interesting transfer window and I can only see us dealing in season long loans for gaps we need to plug as will many other clubs

The new coach whoever that may be will need to work with what he’s got in the squad so an experienced Championship level coach is a must if we are to get anywhere near the top 6 next season

Hughton is who I think fits the role perfectly but who knows who SL has in mind 

Also depends what one is happy with. If we finished 14th ish with this side/squad, playing good football I would be happy and say it had been a decent season. 

O’Leary

Pereira. Kalas. Moore. Dasilva

Morrell Walsh. Massengo

Paterson. Wells. O’Dowda

Subs

Wollacott, Vyner, Baker, Rowe, Nagy, Szmodics, Semenyo, Watkins, Weimann

20 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

You subscribe to OTIB for the huge sum of £5 a year then you can like til your fingers bleed. 

That’s 10 dollars. It equates to the following. But only one of each.

2 x bottles of red wine from ALDI.

1 X 6 pack of beer (375mm) in each bottle 

1 x Burger and chips.

3 x loathes of bread from bakers delight.

750 Grammies of good bacon from the supermarket.

2 x small jars of marmite ( still trying to find some one in the UK that can send this to me)

2 x bags of pork scratching.

3 x bottles of small strong bow cider.

1 x gin in a remote territory Station  of the NT. ( Investigate this if I were you as you could even get back 2 dollars )

I love my 10 likes in 24 hour hours and I love the banter.

22 minutes ago, City oz said:

That’s 10 dollars. It equates to the following. But only one of each.

2 x bottles of red wine from ALDI.

1 X 6 pack of beer (375mm) in each bottle 

1 x Burger and chips.

3 x loathes of bread from bakers delight.

750 Grammies of good bacon from the supermarket.

2 x small jars of marmite ( still trying to find some one in the UK that can send this to me)

2 x bags of pork scratching.

3 x bottles of small strong bow cider.

1 x gin in a remote territory Station  of the NT. ( Investigate this if I were you as you could even get back 2 dollars )

I love my 10 likes in 24 hour hours and I love the banter.

Its actually 9 Aus dollars :ph34r:

I think all clubs except the likes of Chelsea and Man City etc are in the same boat

They will have players with 1 year left on their current contract not showing interest in signing a new one.

Before Covid you cashed in and got the best price you could, often buying a player from another club in the same situation.

This year it will be far more difficult. With so many players out of contract and with the finances of so many clubs uncertain I think many players will string their clubs along pretending to negotiate with good faith until the window closes. In this way they get a guaranteed years salary and hope to get a better move when things start to return to normal in 12 months.

The clubs can still move them on but the fee will be far lower than normal, in which case is it better to have them for one more year?

This would be a great year for a real wheeler dealer manager or CEO who could understand the current situation well and turn it to his advantage.

Unfortunately I do not see this person at our club.

21 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Also depends what one is happy with. If we finished 14th ish with this side/squad, playing good football I would be happy and say it had been a decent season. 

O’Leary

Pereira. Kalas. Moore. Dasilva

Morrell Walsh. Massengo

Paterson. Wells. O’Dowda

Subs

Wollacott, Vyner, Baker, Rowe, Nagy, Szmodics, Semenyo, Watkins, Weimann

With an average height in this team around 5ft 9" we would be concede about 50 headed goals

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

google count? :laugh:

Every time I go back home i automatically convert 1 quid to 2 bucks. A pint late last year was 4 quid that to me is 8 bucks. But still I do not complain every time I go back as the first stop is a pint. I start off with a real ale then go back on the ciders. 

I'm still not sure exactly how I expect the summer to play out. I agree with the OP that isn't going to be straightforward to move players on with money being tight but there is also the possibility of clubs that are financially reasonably secure picking up real bargains from those that are struggling. Apparently Kieffer Moore is on his way to QPR for 2.5 million and that feels like quite a good deal, for example.

My feeling is that more loans may happen than permanents. I reckon we will move some players on - temporarily at least - over the summer but those may well be loans with options to buy in order to free up wages.

I don't think there is loads that we need. As the OP states Maenpaa, Williams, Smith and Afobe could all be covered by returning loan players and, if we did not move for Pereira, Vyner is at the very least a competent right back option.

I'd still ideally like us to bring a right back and left back in and upgrade on Baker and, if the rumours on Diedhiou and Eliasson were true, we'd certainly need a forward (although not necessarily a winger depending on how we line up) but I don't reckon we'll bring in more than a handful faces no matter what happens simply because of the size of the of the squad and the number of 20-23 year olds who've been on loan and are nearing a point where they're likely to be given a chance. 

Archived