IGNORED

We will go for the cheap option

Alan Dicks

10 hours ago, tomvick89 said:

Now the euphoria of what we could have had has passed (as usual) because we haven’t moved fast enough and we can now see what we are likely to appoint. I don’t see any improvement on what we had and I have returned to my original opinion that LJ should still be here. At least he is a Bristol City man and worked his ass off. We have no guarantee that we will get either of those from the lower league managers being offered as potential favourites. The fact we thought the big names were possible were down to his work.. LJ would be an easy choice ahead of each Lowe, Neil, Crowley, Cook and Flynn in my eyes. 

Utter rubbish.

Which incidentally is what we have been watching for the last two seasons.

10 hours ago, Riaz said:

Well i think we should forget about this "proven" or "cheap" tag - thats my point i was trying to make.

I want someone who has SOME sort of experience and done well for someone.

Preferably someone who has taken someone up and kept them up.

My top 5 are:

1. Eddie Howe

2. Slavisa jokanovic

3. Nigel Pearson

4. Paul Cook

5. Chris Hughton.

Notwithstanding that I struggle to reconcile your requirements with your staunch defence of Lee Johnson, I have to say that is a decent top five. Your second choice would be my first, but unfortunately I think that only number 4 and 5 are in any way likely.

I personally wouldn't have anything against a cheaper option if it was somewhat imaginative and well thought out. 

Swansea and Brentford but went for cheap options and has worked out well for them. I do envy Swansea to be honest smaller club than us really but always seem to make good managerial appointments.

Archived