IGNORED

Pochettino - why not?

headhunter

I know Headhunter has previously stated that his day to day occupation in as a headhunter. 
I’d certainly hope you operate a more realistic philosophy in your search for employees in the real world. 
?

This has to be a classic case of leaving yourself logged in, website open and a colleague has taken his / her opportunity (incredibly well, I have to say)

Next time Headhunter opens it up and sees all the notifications he's going to have one hell of a shock....

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

If SL is, as some would have us believe, pulling out all the stops to prise Gerrard away from Rangers then why not really go for it and make an approach to Pochettino?

For a start there is no compo to pay to buy him out of a contract. Yes, he will demand a big salary but he might buy into a project which is what we are and therefore a package of £1.5M base [that's probably Williams and Afobe's wages combined] and a £3.5M bonus if he gets promotion in first season or £2.5M in the second might prove attractive.

I read this about his coaching style on Wikipedia - seems to tick a lot of boxes:

Pochettino favours a very high-pressing, attacking style of football. He often employs a 4–2–3–1 formation at the clubs he manages. While doing so, he instructs his team to build from the back, intimidate and unsettle opponents with a quick-press system and work the ball into the box.

Pochettino is hailed by many pundits for his focus on developing local players from the clubs' youth academies, get local government and references' support, and a willingness to promote young players in general.It was also noted that many young players under his tutelage went on to play for the England national team, while the manager himself felt that it was his duty to develop English talent, saying "I feel when I arrived in Spain and now in England in which way can we say 'thank you' to the country that opened the door when I didn't speak English. And how people treated me and my family and my staff which was really well. It's a way to say thank you to the Premier League and the people who trust in you".

Players coached by Pochettino also praised his man-management approach and guidance with his willingness to advise, encouraging the players to take charge of their own development as well as helping them to improve physically, technically and mentally

The inane ramblings of a mad man

Why not think big?   :dunno:

Who knows but maybe Potchettino would quite fancy a tough challenge  

He may be used to having Champions League quality players at his disposal but coming to Championship club with a decent record of producing its own players may just appeal to his coaching instincts. 

That said I can’t imagine that anyone in the City hierarchy would even dream of approaching a guy who could go pretty much to any club worldwide.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He may be used to having Champions League quality players at his disposal but coming to Championship club with a decent record of producing its own players may just appeal to his coaching instincts. 

That said I can’t imagine that anyone in the City hierarchy would even dream of approaching a guy who could go pretty much to any club worldwide.

Hughton or Gerrard would be big for us. 

The guy is way out of our reach and for most Prem sides.

Always up for some debate but this has been rightfully laughed at.

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

100% agree

It may be that the Gloucester cup sits high on his bucket list of future achievements 

I think Poch could be a candidate for some big jobs. 

Barcelona haven't landed the right man for them yet. Luis Enrique was the last man to win the Champions League and since he left in 2017, Valverde and Setien haven't got them playing their best stuff.

If they don't go for Xavi next I don't see why Poch wouldn't be in the frame

Tuchel has guided PSG to the last 8 of the Champions League, but defeat to a formidable Atalanta side could cap a second season of disappointment and an opportunity could arise.

But more imminently, if the Saudi Newcastle takeover is approved, Poch could be offered a princely sum to go there, although he's holding out for the time being.

19 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Hughton or Gerrard would be big for us. 

The guy is way out of our reach and for most Prem sides.

Always up for some debate but this has been rightfully laughed at.

Hmmm......laughed at?.........you never know.............:cool2:

14 minutes ago, mozo said:

I think Poch could be a candidate for some big jobs. 

Barcelona haven't landed the right man for them yet. Luis Enrique was the last man to win the Champions League and since he left in 2017, Valverde and Setien haven't got them playing their best stuff.

If they don't go for Xavi next I don't see why Poch wouldn't be in the frame

Tuchel has guided PSG to the last 8 of the Champions League, but defeat to a formidable Atalanta side could cap a second season of disappointment and an opportunity could arise.

But more imminently, if the Saudi Newcastle takeover is approved, Poch could be offered a princely sum to go there, although he's holding out for the time being.

Wouldn't be Barcelona IMO- his Espanyol days are a factor, but never say never in football- fairly sure (FWIW) Pochettino has stated he wouldn't go to Barcelona in the past!

Him and Barcelona likely a good match stylistically I think.

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

If SL is, as some would have us believe, pulling out all the stops to prise Gerrard away from Rangers then why not really go for it and make an approach to Pochettino?

For a start there is no compo to pay to buy him out of a contract. Yes, he will demand a big salary but he might buy into a project which is what we are and therefore a package of £1.5M base [that's probably Williams and Afobe's wages combined] and a £3.5M bonus if he gets promotion in first season or £2.5M in the second might prove attractive.

I read this about his coaching style on Wikipedia - seems to tick a lot of boxes:

Pochettino favours a very high-pressing, attacking style of football. He often employs a 4–2–3–1 formation at the clubs he manages. While doing so, he instructs his team to build from the back, intimidate and unsettle opponents with a quick-press system and work the ball into the box.

Pochettino is hailed by many pundits for his focus on developing local players from the clubs' youth academies, get local government and references' support, and a willingness to promote young players in general.It was also noted that many young players under his tutelage went on to play for the England national team, while the manager himself felt that it was his duty to develop English talent, saying "I feel when I arrived in Spain and now in England in which way can we say 'thank you' to the country that opened the door when I didn't speak English. And how people treated me and my family and my staff which was really well. It's a way to say thank you to the Premier League and the people who trust in you".

Players coached by Pochettino also praised his man-management approach and guidance with his willingness to advise, encouraging the players to take charge of their own development as well as helping them to improve physically, technically and mentally

I see your name is Headhunter.

Does this mean when you’re trying to recruit a weekend assistant at PC World, you drop Bill Gates an email?

Perhaps call up Michel Roux for a job at Little Chef?

I see Casualty are looking for extras, maybe drop Tom Cruise a line?

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I see your name is Headhunter.

Does this mean when you’re trying to recruit a weekend assistant at PC World, you drop Bill Gates an email?

Perhaps call up Michel Roux for a job at Little Chef?

I see Casualty are looking for extras, maybe drop Tom Cruise a line?

OOH! you are cruel, you don't tell the kids the ice cream van has run out of supplies if he plays green sleeves do you?

7 hours ago, headhunter said:

868D0C7C-F63E-419F-AA01-B9F5313D68B9.jpeg

Archived