IGNORED

Thinking Out Loud

Red Skin

It's summertime and news can be a scarce, but does anyone else think that Tinman is thinking out loud a bit too much? What players to sign? What formation? What players to play in that formation?

Tinman is one of the most respected and approachable players we've had in recent years and one mindful of keeping the fans involved, but I think I'd prefer it if he kept his cards a bit closer to his chest. I'd have preferred it if he tried different formations with the players he has before publicly stating he likes 3-5-2 then opting for 4-3-3. Shouldn't he have tried things out first?

In his eagerness to keep us involved and up to date does he appear indecisive? Is our hunger for information mean Tinman's being asked to explain himself too much? If he hasn't decided on something shouldn't BCWorld just interview him about something else, or interview someone else?

Guest hairyshamrock

I think you're right. That poor attempt at a bid for Steve Howard and Tins said on the Friday afternoon "we'll be making enquiries on his availability on monday". Does this not smell of poor business sense? Whether he was trying to unsettle the player or what, I don't know, but all he seems to have done is p***ed Luton off in a big way!

Guest jamiebrisc

Dont be so hard on BT he is new to management, business sense and awareness is something that he will learn over time within the job.

Let him just concentrate on getting the team up to a high level and I am sure everything else he will learn with time.

He has done some very promising work with the team and I think that he is definetly the right man for the job

Guest simmos the gaffer
So what, the oppo will know what formation and who'll be playing.

But will they be able to stop us??!!

I agree, with all the "spying" that goes on teams are always aware of the oppos formation. Its what they do with the info so it matters not what Tinman says.

My worry with the 4-3-3 or any other system is that we as fans will need to give it time, as will Tins. What we don't want is him to start tinkering too much if things go wrong. I'm sure he will have a plan B to counter the oppo if any system doesn't work. With some of the players he has used so far we could easily switch to 4-4-2 if necessary (bring Murray back on the right etc!)

:laugh:

Archived