IGNORED

World Snooker Championships

Super

11 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Get outta here!

Whilst Ronnie may not quite top some of the numbers/records, taken as a whole, he is evidently the greatest player to have ever played the game. 

It's actually difficult to imagine snooker surviving in its current format without him. He is the game. 

He's won more major tournaments than anyone else, more triple crown tournaments than anyone else.  Only thing he's not topped is the WC wins, but he's still got a few years yet.   If he had been fully focused on that I reckon he'd have been 10+ by now.   Absolutely the goat, although Joe Davis might be a close 2nd. 

19 minutes ago, TomF said:

He's won more major tournaments than anyone else, more triple crown tournaments than anyone else.  Only thing he's not topped is the WC wins, but he's still got a few years yet.   If he had been fully focused on that I reckon he'd have been 10+ by now.   Absolutely the goat, although Joe Davis might be a close 2nd. 

He clearly doesn't like the long format of the World Championship and I think this is a main reason for not winning more - its a bit of a slog for someone like Ronnie, who to my mind at least has a shorter attention span than the other players and if he's not in that zone he doesn't win it.   Having said all that I still think he's the best that's ever picked up a cue.

Archived