IGNORED

Midfield headache

BLRed

12 minutes ago, spudski said:

I agree totally Dave. I also really slate Weimann...but in fairness to him I don't think he's been used to his best ability. He's most effective when central. Wide and deeper, much less so.

Wells, Weimann and Pato as a three pronged attacking force could be an effective offensive if we play how DH has suggested.

I know it’s just an interview, but Wells was quite complimentary about Weimann, and I think he’s a better partner for Wells on limited games I’ve seen them together up top.  And if we want to press high up, Weimann is a zillion percent better than Diedhiou.  The first goal yesterday showed good movement off of each other, one coming short, the other going in behind.

Nagy and Massengo give bags of energy behind them. 

Morrell, Walsh, Bakinson, less so, but all three read the game well and have good vision and passing
Morrell is a Duracell bunny....no less energy from him if he plays in there.

If we can read the game, intercept, and give and go quickly from deeper in midfield like I'm hoping with the players to hand we could do, then it could be exciting to watch.

The Bakinson move where he read and intercepted and gave quickly yesterday was exactly how I hope we play.

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Apologies Dave...my interpretation of Morrell was less speed and agility but has an engine.

My hope for Walsh was that he's learnt at Coventry to pass and move...not pass and admire. I thought that was one part of his game that needed improving.

Archived