IGNORED

Bored

BigTone

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Now in 2nd week of retirement and I'm bored already. Missing the buzz of working. Am I weird or something ?

I'm on leave this week, first time I have taken off this year and due to boredom, I have already done a bit if work today.

So no, you're not weird.

Why not get a dog.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm on leave this week, first time I have taken off this year and due to boredom, I have already done a bit if work today.

So no, you're not weird.

Why not get a dog.

We did, 2 weeks ago !!

20200814_141828.jpg

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Go on a tailoring course and learn how to make shirts.

(I think it was you who displayed a somewhat flamboyant fondness of Liberty fabrics).

Now that could be an idea !! Thank you Sir.

20181224_163451.jpg

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

There you go, learn to make your own shirts.

Or shirts for your dog.

My next suggestion was going to be, 'take up Dragon Boat racing'.

My mate Gary in Nailsea used to be in the UK dragon boat racing team (true) so have an "in" there.

Doggie shirts are a possibility, however BigTones Fashions for Fans is sounding good. Shirts that are a "must have" for all OTIB'ers.

The pic by the way was at a black tie dinner on a P&O cruise (also true).

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

My mate Gary in Nailsea used to be in the UK dragon boat racing team (true) so have an "in" there.

Doggie shirts are a possibility, however BigTones Fashions is sounding good. Shirts that are a "must have" for OTIB'ers.

The pic by the way was at a black tie dinner on a P&O cruise (also true).

The picture looked more like a dog on a sofa! 

My third suggestion was going to be, 'either get a world record in something, or get a world ranking in something'. 

Could be anything.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The picture looked more like a dog on a sofa! 

My third suggestion was going to be, 'either get a world record in something, or get a world ranking in something'. 

Could be anything.

No that was the Wife cuddling up.

Not into records anymore if I'm honest. Moved on to cassette tapes a while back.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Now in 2nd week of retirement and I'm bored already. Missing the buzz of working. Am I weird or something ?

I guess it affects people differently. People have different thresholds of boredom.

I returned to work last week after having been furloughed / taken holiday for nearly 5 months. It felt like retirement and I absolutely loved it. Never felt bored once.

Been difficult getting back into the routine of work ! ?

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

You’ll get used to it Tone. It takes a while to readjust to a different way of living.

When I retired I booked a three week cruise and stay around the Red Sea. When I got back I fell straight into my hobby and pastime bowls.

I’ve been retired 10 years now and have no idea how I ever found the time to work.........:dunno:

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You’ll get used to it Tone. It takes a while to readjust to a different way of living.

When I retired I booked a three week cruise and stay around the Red Sea. When I got back I fell straight into my hobby and pastime bowls.

I’ve been retired 10 years now and have no idea how I ever found the time to work.........:dunno:

35,000 posts on here would suggest you've kept yourself fairly occupied!

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

We were to leave on a 50 night cruise in January 2021 from Southampton to Brisbane. Go visit friends in Brissy before visiting family in Adelaide for a month and then fly home. Bloody Covid19 put paid to those plans for the time being.

I now plan to clean up and upgrade my fishing tackle and disappear once or twice a week.

In the meantime ........

20200826_164343(0).jpg

Just now, BigTone said:

We were to leave on a 50 night cruise in January 2021 from Southampton to Brisbane. Go visit friends in Brissy before visiting family in Adelaide for a month and then fly home. Bloody Covid19 put paid to those plans for the time being.

That’s a real bummer Tone.

We we’re strongly advised before we retired to have something to fill our  time. Mine was my hobby but after about a year I took a part time delivery job and did that for a while. Just a bit of pin money tho. I quit that about 5 years ago and haven’t  worked since. 

One guy I knew was a very gifted DIY enthusiast and it was his plan to spent his time in that way. No idea how long that lasted!

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s a real bummer Tone.

We we’re strongly advised before we retired to have something to fill our  time. Mine was my hobby but after about a year I took a part time delivery job and did that for a while. Just a bit of pin money tho. I quit that about 5 years ago and haven’t  worked since. 

One guy I knew was a very gifted DIY enthusiast and it was his plan to spent his time in that way. No idea how long that lasted!

We have holiday Gites that my Mrs ran until she had her accident a few years back. My plan is to reopen and start offering fishing holidays as of next year. I have a mini bus lined up so I can take clients to the various venues and offer pick up / drop offs to the airports. 

As for the Mrs I'm not sure where she is but I'm sure the rest of her body will turn up one day

20200826_164821.jpg

Archived