IGNORED

Nottingham Forest v Bristol City Match Day 4

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Phew, glad that's over.  Tough watch in the second half.  Forest really stretched us and their Wide Forwards stopped our WBs getting us forward and cycling the ball side to side.  Suggests there's a bit of work to do for our 352 versus a 4231 (then 442).

Bentley will rightly get the plaudits tonights, and I give out a rare 10 out of 10.

Vyner came back well in 2nd half, Pato drifted after being involved in everything 1st half.  Weimann a strong last 20.

We created our own problems to some extent by not finishing them off on the counter-attack.

Little shout out for Tommy Rowe, who was so steady today.

Agreed, I thought the counter attacks were indicative of the way we played after the 30 mins. Was all a bit rushed, imprecise and lacking composure. 

The lads dug in well and it was a great win but I was disappointed in our ability to stem the forest tide and get much of a foothold in the game second half. Feel like we could’ve done with the Brunt for Paterson sub a bit earlier. 

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Think Rowe is a little sung hero

A real old fashioned pro.

Amazing to think back to when he arrived, having, in effect, been dismissed as finished by Doncaster

Agreed. Great defender too. We were too Exposed when LJ played Dasilva at left back. Rowe is by far a better defender - Dasilva a better offensive player

5 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Feel a bit for Lamouchi, who's quite likely to be sacked off the back of that despite his team being way better than us on the day.

I agree with your comment to some degree, but defending is a part of the game like going forward, and we did keep that ball out with great saves, great blocks.  Forest will get going once they get a bit of rub of the green, but we walked away with the 3 points when it could have gone pear shaped. Thought Freeman was really good for them and put in great balls.   

With who we have to come back later in month we are in a really good place. 

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

We are now officially leading the Championship..........no longer dependent on alphabetical, we have now the same goal differnce as that place on the M4, but have scored 1 more goal, As Bruce would say....................Yippee-ki-yay motherpheckers!

You’ve got that wrong max, I’m sure his catchphrase was nice to see you, to see you nice.

Mind you, when he holed a putt he might well have said something similar! :) 

5 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

Ally McCoist watching the game for soccer Saturday. Thought the display from Bentley was one of the best he’s seen from a keeper in a long time. Thinks we should get the playoffs but believes there are better teams vying for automatics.  4 down, 42 to go.

Strange, clearly lacking knowledge about the strength of our squad when you consider who we have to return. 

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

We are now officially leading the Championship..........no longer dependent on alphabetical, we have now the same goal differnce as that place on the M4, but have scored 1 more goal, As Bruce would say....................Yippee-ki-yay motherpheckers!

Steve Bruce? I can’t remember him saying that after a match in his soft northeastern accent.

25 minutes ago, 22A said:

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/threads/49066-Matchday-4-Nottingham-Forest-V-Bristol-City-(Sat-3rd-October-2020-3pm)/page35

Their match day thread is now 35 pages long; comments such as 

The first 20 minutes cost us the game.                     We played much better today, but only when the game was unwinnable.

Saw this post on their forum:

Well he was warned. He sets his teams up to consistently play on the back foot, the players have clearly reminded him they can play. This is a pattern and demonstrates they want to save face.

I don't feel sorry for him, time and time again its his team talk and set up prior to the game thay ***** them up, I've every hope with the players we have. Not the manager. Thanks Sabri but its a no from me.

This could have been copied and pasted from OTIB during last season!

Archived