IGNORED

19 players out of contract - Bristol Post

Riaz

17 minutes ago, Riaz said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/all-about/bristol-city-fc

Says here we have a massive 19 players out of contract at the end of the season 

Famara Diedhiou is the obvious one. Adelukan who is pretty much gone after his loan to Hull is another.

Pretty sure Jack Hunt is another ??

Who are the rest?

I believe Jamie Paterson is another and based on current form that’s one we don’t want to lose 

7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Sounds about right and I'm not sure that's conducive to a promotion push as players naturally start to think of themselves towards the end of the season

This is the worrying thing unfortunately for Dean and his staff. I think a lot of the players minds will be elsewhere come next year regardless of league position.

Working down that list you’d have to assume Watkins and Adelakun are gone having already left on loan. Hinds looks to have not kicked on and will go, Gilmartin I’d imagine will stay in some kind of coaching capacity and as an emergency keeper.

Brunt - just signed on a 1 year and wouldn’t expect any different based on age.

Towler, Webb, Cundy all in the development system and I’d imagine as we stand today would be renewed.

The “15” headline is a bit sensationalist when you consider the above. Realistically, we have the following 1st team squad players out of contract

Brunt

Fam

Walsh

Rowe

Hunt

Weimann

Baker

Pato

Wollacott

Still a lot, but doesn’t appear as frightening a proposal

I would imagine a fair few are sweating as to what options will be available to them if the current circumstances continue through the season.

At the end of this season there will probably a lot of clubs hanging on by a thread and not in a position to splash the cash .For players we want to keep, if we offer a decent contract it might be their best bet, whereas in the past they might have looked to cash in by being able to move on a free. For players we want to let go it could a pretty bleak outlook.

@Davefevs and I were having this conversation yesterday.

4 of that list (Vyner, O’Leary, Moore & Eliasson) have been resolved in the last few days anyway.

Then there are the likes of Gilmartin (!) Watkins & Adelakun who have next to no chance of getting a new contract.

The actual number we need to seriously consider is somewhere between 6 & 8, several of whom we might choose to wait until the season’s end to decide.

Not quite the horror show it appears.

50 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

So the ones with 1 year in the options column haven't been exercised yet?

Its not as bad as we thought if that's the case. Still a few that need addressing though, Pato and Walsh jump out to me. Be nice to tie Tareeq down long term too.

Correct.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Working down that list you’d have to assume Watkins and Adelakun are gone having already left on loan. Hinds looks to have not kicked on and will go, Gilmartin I’d imagine will stay in some kind of coaching capacity and as an emergency keeper.

Brunt - just signed on a 1 year and wouldn’t expect any different based on age.

Towler, Webb, Cundy all in the development system and I’d imagine as we stand today would be renewed.

The “15” headline is a bit sensationalist when you consider the above. Realistically, we have the following 1st team squad players out of contract

Brunt

Fam

Walsh

Rowe

Hunt

Weimann

Baker

Pato

Wollacott

Still a lot, but doesn’t appear as frightening a proposal

Bang on. Just media sensationalism.

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I'd like to see Weimann, Paterson, Hunt all sign new contracts, they are all definitely worth their place in the squad if not guaranteed starters in the years ahead

Only if Hunt is happy to be a back up, then extend his deal. Don’t think we’ll get promoted with such an average player.

Archived