IGNORED

City v Middlesbrough Matchday Thread

Curr Avon

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Moore had ages to react and eventually decided to try and dribble it around their player as the last man. It was a poor ball but Moore was ultimately to blame for me unfortunately.

He’s certainly not blameless, at best he was caught napping. But why invite pressure anyway when we’ve been hoofing it all night. 

Young players will make mistakes and being a defender it is much more likely for it to cost us a goal than if it was a midfielder or striker.

More important that Moore has his confidence built back up now, whether by fans/teammates/staff, and encouraged to kick on.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Fair enough Bas, we dont have to agree. Akpom should have scored at least 1 in the first half IMHO while we haven't really looked like scoring.

Let's hope it changes in our favour.

Def agree we havent looked like getting anything. Both sides have had a stinker really. 0-0 maybe fair result

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Pato has been marked out of the game, Weimann done nothing and Bakinson given the ball away more often than not. Add to that a totally lazy performance from Wells and it's no surprise we are still to have a shot on target with less than 10 mins left.

That probably sums up the game more succinctly that anyone else will tonight 

2 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Injury wouldn't have helped, the lineup needed rotating as Pato and Weimann have look more and more sedentiary with each of the last three fixtures.

Agreed. If he decides Nagy, Massengo and Brunt are back ups, with Walsh and Williams injured, why not use them? I’ve said so many time Weimann and Pato are not long-term CM by trade. This blind loyalty is baffling when he has options to freshen it up. 

Just now, tin said:

Agreed. If he decides Nagy, Massengo and Brunt are back ups, with Walsh and Williams injured, why not use them? I’ve said so many time Weimann and Pato are not long-term CM by trade. This blind loyalty is baffling when he has options to freshen it up. 

I hope we haven't gone from tombola to closed shop.

4 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Disagree. Boro maybe have shaded it, but it's not like we were under a lot of pressure

Please don't try to suggest this was 'close' by using words like shaded it. We are at home, top of the league and NO shot on target. This has been Borough's game all night and if we get anything from it it will be very very fortunate. We have not moved on from Lee despite having a better human.

1 minute ago, tin said:

It is exactly what Johnson did and that is the biggest worry for me.

I switched back to Netflix. This game is rubbish, I better play Fifa than whatc this absolute ****. We were lucky to win at least two of our wins, the luck was gone against a poor Barsnley, but Middleborough it is a crap team and we have zero shots on target.

I m not kidding, Boro plays League One football, this game if not for Taylor, could be 0-0 even after 1000 minutes of playing, poor teams both.

6 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

I blame the Atomic Kitten post from earlier, we’ve all been cursed since seeing that.

If you see me walking down the street
Staring at the sky and dragging my two feet
You just pass me by
It still makes me cry but that’s what I deserve for watching City v “Boro

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I hope we haven't gone from tombola to closed shop.

It’s a fine line but if he can’t see the need to freshen things up with four games in ten days, I’ve given Holden more credit than he deserved.

1 minute ago, Mihai said:

I switched back to Netflix. This game is rubbish, I better play Fifa than whatc this absolute ****. We were lucky to win at least two of our wins, the luck was gone against a poor Barsnley, but Middleborough it is a crap team and we have zero shots on target.

I m not kidding, Boro plays League One football, this game if not for Taylor, could be 0-0 even after 1000 minutes of playing, poor teams both.

Number one fan everybody

Archived