IGNORED

Norwich (H) - Sat 31st Oct 12:30 - Matchday thread

Today pretty much played out exactly how we expected it to. This season will go exactly the way we expected it to as well

thank god we will all end up getting our season ticket money back. This club tried to have our pants down in the summer with their false promises (again)....epic fail 

Holden won’t be here for a 2nd season. Good luck shifting season tickets next year .....fans won’t fall for the bullshit again 

2 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Wells misses a penalty (stupid attempt of course) but for some of these comments after suggesting he’s a “big head”, “never warmed to him”, “doesnt want to be here”......jeez, makes me wonder about some of you lot who post on here.....i would assume you are the type that would probably wait for Sterling to make a mistake and jump straight on him for being “flashy”. Clowns.

Like you said, clowns.

Im not defending him but he did the same against Swansea and scored so firstly he has every right to be penalty taker until he misses for us, and secondly that’s his penalty style. No one complained when he scored

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Indeed you can't, so why add to the pile of midfielders by signing another who is past it? Joe might have rotated in the holding position with Bakinson for instance.

Brunt doesn't look up to it imo. Experience counts for less if you can't keep up with the pace.

No idea why Brunt was signed, hard to see what he offers that another experienced player, Rowe, doesn't.

I don't regret Morrell leaving though, I rate Walsh and Williams more highly, and I'd like to see both Massengo & Nagy featuring more.

The oddity of the game for me is that we probably created more excellent, clear goal scoring chances than in any other game this season. Wells, in particular, was guilty of missing decent chances, he mis-kicked on two occasions and totally embarrassed himself with the penalty.

Equally and especially in the first half our defence was probably the poorest it’s been this season.

Overall we were undone by a combination of a slick Norwich performance, especially in the first half, and our own errors and inability to convert some very good chances.

Deano will no doubt be honest in his post match comments. I anticipate him saying something like we gifted them too much time and space which they punished and we worked hard to get ourselves something out of the game, but failed to take our chances.

Already looks like our home form will be an issue again this season. 

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Holden is an apprentice/trainee manager learning his job as he goes. He has no experience. Lansdown signs an experienced coach who has won things in Pat Lam at the Bears but City get the novices. The only hope is he learns quickly before too much damage is done. Although the continued selection of Paterson does not suggest that. 

Pat Lam not Mark Tainton is the DOR for Bristol Bears, Ashton the CEO / DOF for City. I think the appointment is all about Ashton keeping control.

While I thought Holden was a disastrous appointment, I was pleased we signed Simpson & Downing. Though I think Daniel Farke is proving you need a leader. The support from Lansdown is incredible (Mawson, Martin signings) but the most important role is a cheap inexperienced option.  

Archived