IGNORED

Norwich (H) - Sat 31st Oct 12:30 - Matchday thread

8 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Wells misses a penalty (stupid attempt of course) but for some of these comments after suggesting he’s a “big head”, “never warmed to him”, “doesnt want to be here”......jeez, makes me wonder about some of you lot who post on here.....i would assume you are the type that would probably wait for Sterling to make a mistake and jump straight on him for being “flashy”. Clowns.

No, he’s generally looked disinterested in the majority of games I’ve watched. I’d buy the passenger for 89mins so long as he scores, but he doesn’t even do that.

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

No idea why Brunt was signed, hard to see what he offers that another experienced player, Rowe, doesn't.

I don't regret Morrell leaving though, I rate Walsh and Williams more highly, and I'd like to see both Massengo & Nagy featuring more.

Think we are keeping Walsh and Williams fit for League 1

We just look like a team that can't be arsed.  Wells lack of any real reaction to missing the pen just confirmed it.

Looks like a bunch of players who are just happy to take the money.

2 points out of the last 15 probably tells us where we are heading.  Just glad I'm getting my season ticket money back.  

When we are wining by a goal or two, my heart is always in my mouth as we face wave after wave of attack.  Why can't we do that?

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

The oddity of the game for me is that we probably created more excellent, clear goal scoring chances than in any other game this season. Wells, in particular, was guilty of missing decent chances, he mis-kicked on two occasions and totally embarrassed himself with the penalty.

Equally and especially in the first half our defence was probably the poorest it’s been this season.

Overall we were undone by a combination of a slick Norwich performance, especially in the first half, and our own errors and inability to convert some very good chances.

Deano will no doubt be honest in his post match comments. I anticipate him saying something like we gifted them too much time and space which they punished and we worked hard to get ourselves something out of the game, but failed to take our chances.

Already looks like our home form will be an issue again this season. 

⬆️ This. Very much.

2 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

The oddity of the game for me is that we probably created more excellent, clear goal scoring chances than in any other game this season. Wells, in particular, was guilty of missing decent chances, he mis-kicked on two occasions and totally embarrassed himself with the penalty.

Equally and especially in the first half our defence was probably the poorest it’s been this season.

Overall we were undone by a combination of a slick Norwich performance, especially in the first half, and our own errors and inability to convert some very good chances.

Deano will no doubt be honest in his post match comments. I anticipate him saying something like we gifted them too much time and space which they punished and we worked hard to get ourselves something out of the game, but failed to take our chances.

Already looks like our home form will be an issue again this season. 

Please can we stop with this ‘Deano’ he’s our manager , the same with the players need to stop calling him this he isn’t their mate (anymore )

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

No, he’s generally looked disinterested in the majority of games I’ve watched. I’d buy the passenger for 89mins so long as he scores, but he doesn’t even do that.

Totally agree. I often wonder whether Wells really wants to be here but would rather have gone to QPR but they couldn’t afford him.

4 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Just to make a change. Really don’t think he ever wanted to come here. Looks disinterested the majority of the time. His finishing of late has been shit too. Let him have his move to QPR in Jan

I agree.

Im not saying he’s being unprofessional, but he didn’t want to live here.

It was a panic buy at the time.

3 minutes ago, irishreds said:

Pat Lam not Mark Tainton is the DOR for Bristol Bears, Ashton the CEO / DOF for City. I think the appointment is all about Ashton keeping control.

While I thought Holden was a disastrous appointment, I was pleased we signed Simpson & Downing. Though I think Daniel Farke is proving you need a leader. The support from Lansdown is incredible (Mawson, Martin signings) but the most important role is a cheap inexperienced option.  

Lam is head  coach not Tainton. He is Holden's equivalent.

Archived