IGNORED

Gary Johnson’s Gulls

Hxj

14 hours ago, Hxj said:

I started watching with 80 minutes on the clock.  An incredible hour and a bit later the match was over.  

I was working at the game yesterday & can confirm, after giving it some thought last night, that was the best game I have ever seen live.

Those stats above tell part of the story but there was so much more. The stoppage time was due to Crawley's keeper Tom McGill being knocked unconscious in challenging for the ball; his replacement Stuart Nelson (who recently left Yeovil) was in the stand sat about 40 feet from me before hurriedly warming up. He had signed the day before, his registration going through so late, Crawley manager John Yems was considering having no keeper on the bench. ?

Nichols played so well yesterday, all credit to him. Ben Whitfield was exceptional for Torquay and your very own Connor Lemonheigh-Evans was very impressive, played a little further forward than midfield, I'd say. 

In the end, let's leave it to the stats. There were 11 goals, three of which were penalties; 19 corners, 8 substitutions, 8 cautions including one for Crawley's coach Lee Bradbury; 35 shots (19 on target) and 43 free kicks though it amazingly didn't feel like a stop start game. Ref was Charles Breakspear, did quite well all things considered. If you add up the stoppage time from the half time, full time (90 minutes), half time in extra time and at the end of the match, the ball was in play for exactly 150 minutes.

As I've said, best game I've ever seen. Just a shame that neither set of supporters were in there. 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely right. Great football to watch, hugely entertaining such a shame at Cardiff. Had Miller not missed that tap in  at the County ground.............:disapointed2se:

Had we not drawn 0-0 with Brighton you mean. At Home.  When QPR got beat by Plymouth

That was the day we missed out, not Swindon. 

11 minutes ago, TomF said:

Had we not drawn 0-0 with Brighton you mean. At Home.  When QPR got beat by Plymouth

Your memory is better than mine Tom. I do remember seeing Miller miss what would have been the winning goal at Swindon and that dreadful ‘oh no’ feeling...................:facepalm:

2 hours ago, TomF said:

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Your memory is better than mine Tom. I do remember seeing Miller miss what would have been the winning goal at Swindon and that dreadful ‘oh no’ feeling...................:facepalm:

You could argue both/either. They weren't that far apart, and each meant we dropped 2 points. If I remember correctly (and it was a long time ago!) the thing about the Swindon game was that Miller's chance came very late on and would have pretty much certainly have sealed the win. The Brighton game was just one of those games where neither side looked like scoring. 

2 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Yes cost him his job leaving lita out.

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I think it was a bit more nuanced than that - DW wanted to sign more players IMO whereas Tins was happy to play the kids. The Lita thing didn`t help though!

A long time ago, but was any reason/explanation ever given why LL wasn’t picked?

On 03/11/2020 at 14:36, LoyalRed said:

Agreed, closest we have ever got to the Premiership in my lifetime

It was everything about going to watch City during that time, we were taking loads everywhere, loud as ****, he United the club for me and it was enjoyable in the stands 

The whole team was awful against brighton.

As far as i can remember, nobody even got booked on our side that day.

There was no way wilson was going to play lita over roberts for that game.

They were saying at the time wilson left because they wouldnt retain rougier.

Then he came out and said tins stabbed him in the back if you remember.

He refused his handshake infront the whole ground against mk dons.

Archived