IGNORED

Match Day Thread - Huddersfield (a) - 19:00 - What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That I’ve been too busy to do a Huddersfield preview.  Thought rather than rush one yesterday I’d start Cardiff instead.

Really interested to see what we do with the midfield tonight, especially as we play Cardiff on Friday. A midfield of  Pato & O’Dowda will be bullied by Cardiff , too much for those with limited game time to play two games in four days?

Just now, daored said:

Really interested to see what we do with the midfield tonight, especially as we play Cardiff on Friday. A midfield of  Pato & O’Dowda will be bullied by Cardiff , too much for those with limited game time to play two games in four days?

I don’t usually get too uptight at the eleven selected, and I always wait to hear the head-coach / assistants interview before having my thoughts....but I just genuinely don’t think the 3 that played Saturday are the right mix for tonight.  I hope Bakinson comes in.  I honestly have no probs if Brunt stays in with him....but as a three it just didn’t work for me.

Let’s hope so @Davefevs & that we also take into account that we play again in 4 days.

We don’t have lots of room for manoeuvre but if we get to the end of the Cardiff game on Friday & haven’t made sensible use of both Nagy & Massengo tonight & then I’ll be very disappointed.

Just now, Prinny said:

The do it yourself edition!

I also have not watched them this season!

So I also do not have any comments on them. Except I was glad to see Grant go before the deadline.

I saw them play Forest on Sky and bits of highlights and I didn’t see anything other than a mixed style, but players trying to work hard on and off the ball for each other.  A couple of bits of quality....the goal for Campbell.  They counter quickly too.  I’d say an energetic team, but nothing special.  Whoever plays better has a good chance of taking the points.

Players to watch: Koroma, Bacuna and Pipa (peeeeeepa).

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

I've really not paid much attention to Huddersfield so far. 

Anyone know very roughly what they're like? Pressing or not? Pass short or long? Possession or counter? 

Tbh I don't even know whether they're a 3 or 4 at the back.

They play both back 3 and 4.

Pipa and Toffolo (little sh1t) are the full backs or wingbacks.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I saw them play Forest on Sky and bits of highlights and I didn’t see anything other than a mixed style, but players trying to work hard on and off the ball for each other.  A couple of bits of quality....the goal for Campbell.  They counter quickly too.  I’d say an energetic team, but nothing special.  Whoever plays better has a good chance of taking the points.

Players to watch: Koroma, Bacuna and Pipa (peeeeeepa).

They play both back 3 and 4.

Pipa and Toffolo (little sh1t) are the full backs or wingbacks.

Thanks. Yeh a rudimental look at whoscored says possession and short passing, Tofolo the man to watch, and broadly 433 or 352.

Bit in bold. Great. Filled with confidence I am.

I expect

Bentley

Vyner           Kalas           Moore

Hunt                              Bakinson                           Rowe

O'Dowda                              Paterson

Martin                Semenyo 

If It's Wells instead of Semenyo, Fam instead of Martin and/or Dasilva instead of Rowe I'd consider that within Holden's range of selection.

Anything else and I'd be surprised!

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

It’s either 5-3-2 with Rowe at CB or 4-4-2 with Rowe and O’Dowda the wide midfielders.

I hope to god it’s the latter. Tommy Rowe is in no way a centre half, but as LM he could be a decent cover and allow JD to overlap 

I’ll bet good money it is 5-3-2 with Rowe at LCB.

There don’t seem to be any circumstances when he is going to give Nagy a chance.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

It’s either 5-3-2 with Rowe at CB or 4-4-2 with Rowe and O’Dowda the wide midfielders.

I hope to god it’s the latter. Tommy Rowe is in no way a centre half, but as LM he could be a decent cover and allow JD to overlap 

Would’ve thought it’d be the other way round in a 442, Rowe Lb and Dasilva LM.

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

If I had to guess, I'd say nailed on 5-3-2 ( or a variant of ). He wants that system to be THE one, Rowe gives that natural left sided balance, agree he's not a natural CB , but if he plays like a narrow FB it should be OK. I would think TB gets to play a bit further forward, which I think is a good thing.

Just now, 1960maaan said:

If I had to guess, I'd say nailed on 5-3-2 ( or a variant of ). He wants that system to be THE one, Rowe gives that natural left sided balance, agree he's not a natural CB , but if he plays like a narrow FB it should be OK. I would think TB gets to play a bit further forward, which I think is a good thing.

TR might do ok against a heavily depleted huddersfield side...but blimey against decent sides he would get bullied in that position.

Archived