IGNORED

The Formula One Thread

Tipps69

1 hour ago, Maesknoll Red said:

This is turning into a soap opera now, RB have suspended the woman who made the accusation against Horner.

1 hour ago, Maltshoveller said:

Cheaper to sack her than it is him

You can guarantee since this story broke Red Hull HR or their HR company have been all over her work records like a rash.

May have made an incorrect entry on their timesheet, incorrect entry onto an expenses claim. It'll be the something like that and it's the easiest way to get rid of someone.

• Admin
2 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

You can guarantee since this story broke Red Hull HR or their HR company have been all over her work records like a rash.

May have made an incorrect entry on their timesheet, incorrect entry onto an expenses claim. It'll be the something like that and it's the easiest way to get rid of someone.

No idea, until we see some corroborated evidence I’ll keep an open mind.  I would have expected one of the mainstream news agencies to have validated the leaked messages by now, if they are genuine.

If Horner is the one in the messages, I have no idea why RB would be defending him and not at least sanctioning some disciplinary procedure.  Which probably at his level would be dismissal.  He would deserve whatever came his way.

If the accusation is misguided or completely unfounded, then he should continue in his role.

If the accusation was malicious, then the accuser should be dealt with, obviously with Horner continuing.

Any of the outcomes are fine by me, if the truth is exposed and proven.

I think this has a way too run and there will be much more than we know currently, to come out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

Looks like she's been paid off €700k form Horner and Red Bull €300k

Rich white men escaping the consequences of their actions again with money.

Haven't seen this but if it is the case another person in a privileged position escaping justice and paying off someone for "something they never did".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Newey to leave Red Bull ….watch their car go to rat shit after his departure…:laughcont:

Depends if he gets put on gardening leave or whether he sees out his deal as doesn't he have another year left? Unless he has a break clause. 

• Admin
On 28/04/2024 at 17:03, Slippin cider said:

Newey to leave Red Bull ….watch their car go to rat shit after his departure…:laughcont:

He has passed a lot of knowledge onto the design team, undoubtedly he is the best, but if you work with and learn from the best…….

As well as the rumoured reason for him leaving, there are a lot of people within F1 who are very sceptical of the 2026 regs and the effects it will have on the cars, could that be a factor.   I just hope the regs aren’t going a step too far, but then, with sustainable fuels, I’d prefer a return to V10’s and no hybrid.

• Like 1

Smaller cars and V10's would be beautiful. I understand the need to try to push technology for road relevancy, but I'm not sure these cars really offer much long-term benefit for actual road cars these days.

There is a rumour that he is pretty much done with F1, that it was only the side projects at Red Bull that were keeping him there, but who knows. Ferrari would be very interesting.

• Admin
6 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

I have heard that he is going to Ferrari 

Apparently there is a clause in his contract that prevents him working for another F1 team until 2027, he would be nearly 70 then, would he really want to up sticks to Italy at that age.

• Hmmm 1

Just now, Maesknoll Red said:

Apparently there is a clause in his contract that prevents him working for another F1 team until 2027, he would be nearly 70 then, would he really want to up sticks to Italy at that age.

Oh right, I know I wouldn’t want to do that at his age and it’s not as if he’s hunting around for some change for the next pot noodle so we’ll see.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

30 years this week since the tragic deaths of Senna and Ronald Ratzenberger at Imola .

Remember this weekend as a kid watching .

Very sad .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg_5n62yAGw

Blimey, doesn’t seem that long ago, I was at a holiday park on the Bridgewater to Watchet road for a Harley Davidson club event that weekend, quite a weekend, one of the guys at the party got really badly injured on his bike as well.

• Sad 1

• Admin
8 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

That clause is about to be ripped up and will enable him to work from next season 

On 30/04/2024 at 14:48, Markthehorn said:

30 years this week since the tragic deaths of Senna and Ronald Ratzenberger at Imola .

Remember this weekend as a kid watching .

Very sad .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg_5n62yAGw

Thanks for sharing that, I hadn't watched it before. Ratzenbergers passing is often forgotten about because of Senna. 

Like you say, a very sad weekend.

I visited Sennas grave when in Sau Paulo. It's the humblest of Graves. Just a small plate in the ground. Some of the lads from McLaren wanted to pay their respects, so I tagged along. I'm glad I did, as it was very moving. 

• Like 1

Crazy year was 1994. On top of the 3 crashes that weekend (not forgetting Barrichello), Wendlinger was put into a coma just a few weeks later, Montermini had a big one in Spain, and Lamy had an absolute massive crash at Bridge in testing, breaking a load of bones. It was an odd formula with the lack of driver aids that in reality took a couple of years to fix.

It's easy to get pulled into the trap of believing F1 is all safe these days, but even then there hadn't been a fatality at an actual meeting in 12 years. 2 in 2 days was just crazy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Crazy year was 1994. On top of the 3 crashes that weekend (not forgetting Barrichello), Wendlinger was put into a coma just a few weeks later, Montermini had a big one in Spain, and Lamy had an absolute massive crash at Bridge in testing, breaking a load of bones. It was an odd formula with the lack of driver aids that in reality took a couple of years to fix.

It's easy to get pulled into the trap of believing F1 is all safe these days, but even then there hadn't been a fatality at an actual meeting in 12 years. 2 in 2 days was just crazy.

A lot of the issues in 1994 were the FIA banned driver aids like traction control (although allegedly Schumacher in the Benetton was still using it) meaning cars had a lot of downforce and over the winter had lost a lot of their stability.

Senna actually predicted someone might get seriously injured as a result  

• Like 1