IGNORED

The Formula One Thread

Tipps69

8 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Please let it happen for Lando 🤞

Hopefully can hold on and doesn’t get bad luck like Piastri did .

Was having a good battle with the Ferrari .

Russell struggling to get past Yuki - not a good race for him .

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Been a very good race in terms of fights for position near the front

Norris vs Perez, Piastri vs Sainz and Leclerc

Norris had a bit of fortune with the safety car, but he had taken those mediums well beyond the expected window of use.

The safety car "allowed" Verstappen to win the title 2 or 3 years ago so he can't complain!

• Haha 2

Lando Norris doesn't watch football anymore but has been a supporter of Bristol City Football Club in the past. The McLaren driver was born in Bristol before later moving to Glastonbury. Norris also noted that he became of fan of Manchester United whilst Cristiano Ronaldo played for the Premier League team.Sep 7, 2023

Fantastic result for Lando, well deserved - and even better for the sport. 

Hopefully this is the begining of the end for RB dominance and its starts to become more competative again (i know its only 1 race but it has to start somewhere).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Fantastic result for Lando, well deserved - and even better for the sport. 

Hopefully this is the begining of the end for RB dominance and its starts to become more competative again (i know its only 1 race but it has to start somewhere).

Just needs Verstappen to have a dodgy car more often .

Maybe it will now Newey isn’t there .

13 hours ago, Ziderarmy said:

Was part of Bristol Sport not long ago as his dad worked for Hargreaves Lansdown in a very senior postion. 

Another who jettisoned Bristol sport to find success!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, westred1 said:

And dropped them at the first opportunity of major sponsorship

Who can blame him. He'd still be in F2 or 3 if he'd stuck with Sir Steve! 

There's a theme! 😂

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Is Lando the firsts Bristolian to win a GP?  Jenson Button was close (From wasn't he?)

I know he was born here but I have a feeling Norris grew up somewhere in Somerset. Given the links though I think it's fair to class him as Bristolian-ish! Definitely would be the first one to count - as you say Button is from Frome. Closest after that would likely be Mansell and Peter Collins who were from some way up the M5.

8 hours ago, Mallorcan Red said:

His Dad Adam, the owner of Pure Scooters, ultimately made his 'big' money via the success of Hargreaves Lansdown.

Adam was brought in by SL and PH to set-up 'Pensions Direct', in 1999, the self serve pension arm of HL which later became known as the SIPP. Once that had grown he then took over the advisory offering at HL. IMO, he earned every penny of his money at HL, and was/is one of the main reasons to their vast success.

He left in 2008 after they had floated, the same year I left HL... sadly I didn't leave with anywhere near as much money though! :D

Re Lando's success, it was lovely to see Adam being interviewed on Sky Sports F1 after the race, to see/hear his utter emotional joy.

Edited by kmpowell
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Happy to congratulate Lando but in F1 (unlike some other motor sports) races are invariably won by the driver of the best car and not necessarily the best driver. No matter how good the driver he won't win in a poor car. 

You are aware that the McLaren he drove to victory isn't the best car right? 

• Like 1