IGNORED

More Derby controversy- or an old, fairly irrelevant case?

Mr Popodopolous

Saw this elsewhere, in The Times Saturday. Excellent Matt Lawton.

Seems that they still have a case from 2017 ongoing, FA inquiry. Not linked to their FFP issues but financial all the same. I say ongoing, could simply be open with FA making no decision yet.

On an unrelated note, I think their case with Keogh is still ongoing. Sacked the guy with least remaining value but kept the other two involved in that crash.

If ever a club deserved relegation eh!! Taken off DCFCFans, the screenshot.

1AB08AFB-FE4F-42E8-8AD9-1165B6F06543.thu

It’s just baffling! A small percentage of clubs appear to get away with everything & if they are had up it takes years for anything to happen, like they are hoping that everyone will just forget about everything!

Similar to all these point deductions that should of happened last season & then they are held over until the start of this season so certain clubs have a full season to fight those point deductions!! Unlike Wigan who just had no choice or no chance to fight!

On a similar topic. When we played Reading on Sky the commentator mentioned they had spent £150m on player fees + salaries over the last 3 years!! 

I know they did the now infamous 'sell your ground to yourself' scam. However surely their income can't support that? 

Apologies if Mr P. has previously done an in-depth analysis. I did see they lost about £40m I think it was year ending 2019? Surely they must be in danger of a points deduction when their next accounts are published? 

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

On a similar topic. When we played Reading on Sky the commentator mentioned they had spent £150m on player fees + salaries over the last 3 years!! 

I know they did the now infamous 'sell your ground to yourself' scam. However surely their income can't support that? 

Apologies if Mr P. has previously done an in-depth analysis. I did see they lost about £40m I think it was year ending 2019? Surely they must be in danger of a points deduction when their next accounts are published? 

They are supposedly paying 120% of their income on outgoings!!

But I can’t understand why we need a wage cap!

2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

2017 wages £35m

2018 wages £42m

2019 accounts overdue....and some!

17 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Hi robin_unreliant- while since I've looked at them but...

Reading, now there's an interesting one- did they specifically say fees and wages or could it have meant amortisation and wages.

Could be total cost of wages and amortisation. Or maybe fees but amortisation would of course come out less- wages are wages of course.

However, Reading yep...quick summary as I recall.

2017/18- Sold Stadium to UK parent, Renhe Sports Management Limited but this price wasn't toppy- was £26.5m, and rent annually £750k per year.

However, in 2018/19, Reading- it all appears in Renhe Sports Management Limited:

1. Madejski Stadium sold from Renhe to a Chinese commonly owned company. £37.5m- inflation of 40% in a year! Neither appear on the Land Registry yet btw. That said the rent has doubled to £1.5m per season, which could be in line with market rates?
  2. Training Ground- unsure if old or new but sold anyway. Profit banked.
  3. Land- Sold. Profit banked.
  4. Sone Aluko loaned to owners sister club in China...£3m on that!

They must be getting very close to it, maybe the rolling up of this and last season and averaging into one will have helped them- it's the 2nd summer in a row they've had EFL watching over their transfer activity though.

@Tipps69

Tin hat time but two members of the EFL board ie club reps are Nigel Howe and Stephen Pearce.

If we look at the respective CEOs of Reading and Derby- why it's those two, in that order! ? That said, Howe was redeployed to vice chairman in August- at Reading.

If I was delving further into tin hat territory, which I'm not- I wonder if Mel Morris being a CBE has anything to do with leniency, perceived or otherwise. Going to guess no btw.

There was also a debt write off in 2016/17 or similar on takeover but this should have been excluded so I assume it was, and profit on disposal of investments in 2015/16- dunno if that was excluded but it possibly should have been! Also a profit on disposal of investments in 2016/17.

PPS- 1-3, ie the sales in 2018/19 or sale and leaseback in case of 1 and the sales in case of 2 and 3, were all sold to foreign companies related to the owner.

Archived