IGNORED

Rotherham (a) – Sat 12th December 15:00 – What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

11 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

WTF is Semenyo doing there 

Don't worry he is an up and coming teenager just learning the game. Flatters to deceive every game. No chance he will ever score and basically loses his head every time he is anywhere near their box. If he got his head up at 1-0 and rolled the ball to the back post Wells has a tap in, instead he blast's it 20 yards wide. Junior bent mark 2 until he proves otherwise imo.

I know Martin has done well in terms of assist but I was amazed that Fam didn’t start, apart from the fact he is a bigger goal threat, he is a real asset defensively & we are playing a side that are going to keep putting it in our box.

No way will he get bullied, unlike many others.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

What do you want him to say?

It is claimed he is a straight talker who says it like it is. This week he claimed we had a solid performance at QPR, which simply wasn't true.

The fact is, like almost all managers/coaches he talks in cliches and platitudes. There again they are not usually appointed for being honest and articulate.

Just now, The Journalist said:

I don't think I'd go that far, personally, but it's definitely been pretty poor for plenty of the season. Today's been the worst half of football we've chucked in since that Huddersfield away game earlier in the year under Lee Johnson.

But... sackable stuff after 18 games in the circumstances? I struggle with that, and it feels an emotional response after a hideous 45 minutes, but each to their own.

I think it’s important to note that whole sentence and not just that part. 

Performances sackable, fortunately results not. 

I think that’s fair. 

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

I know Martin has done well in terms of assist but I was amazed that Fam didn’t start, apart from the fact he is a bigger goal threat, he is a real asset defensively & we are playing a side that are going to keep putting it in our box.

No way will he get bullied, unlike many others.

Ought to be on at HT 

14 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

I would put Massengo, Bell, Edwards on at HT minimum. See if some extra energy can get us something from the game 

Surely Massengo. If he can't play when other midfielders look tired... 

At this point, I'd try a tactical switch (3-5-2) changing O'Dowda, Martin and Semenyo with Massengo, Fammy and Mariappa.

Bentley; Mariappa, Kalas, Vyner; Hunt, Massengo, Nagy, Bakinson, Rowe; Diédhiou, Wells.

Archived