IGNORED

A sustained performance over 90 minutes !

headhunter

29 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Agreed, I remember City used to regularly lay siege to the opposition goal at AG, particularly in the 2nd half. Wave after wave of attacks down the wings and through the middle, loads of corners and goalmouth action, and me up off my seat shouting all the time.

Barely got up at all in LJ's last couple of seasons or raised my voice some games. Mind you Wilson was div.3 and not certain he could have carried on the level of excitement in this division - a prime example of the eternal City conundrum, often lots of goals and excitement in L1, then, after a few years in the Championship, a lack of excitement and a bit of boredom and discontent sets in.

Never met anyone who doesn't talk fondly of Scott Murray in a City shirt and as a long time contributor you may remember what a big fan I was of Roberts, when, incredibly to me, many on here weren't.

Good points Nogbad and you’re so right about the difference between L1 and the Championship. It’s as if various managers have adopted a ‘don't lose’ mentality in the Championship and the excitement of flair players has been stifled.

The matches are so crucial with the carrot of mega bucks in the PL that risks are minimised and has an effect on the style of play served up.

Archived