IGNORED

Han Noah Massengo

Lenners

1 hour ago, Better Red said:

Don’t listen to the rest of them. He was awful. Looks out of place at this level.

Not strong enough. Passes sideways or backwards. Offers nothing going forward.  Literally offers nothing to the team. Will never create a goal or score a goal if played every game.

Miles behind Bakinson. Over hyped and for some reason over rated.

The opposition will target him when he gets the ball as they did when they scored. He does It at least 3 times every times he plays. 

Send him out on loan and let’s see after another year. At the moment at this level not even worth his place on the bench.

Nice kid and only young but honestly at this level no chance. I just don’t get why everyone wants to ignore the obvious.  

Just my opinion but it is the right based on watching every game....

don’t listen to the rest of them’

9C26C9B6-0E33-4FE7-BA0C-ED04461E0F46.jpeg

33 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Not sure why we haven't used him where he plays for France. Behind the striker. 

Put Wells up top and Massengo behind. Semenyo and O'Dowda on the flanks. 

That gives us work rate, pace, movement and Wells in his best role.

Why not - Got to be worth trying something different. 

Young player, development has slowed. Has many attributes that you would like to see in a player of his age. Potential is vast, but no use unless he starts to play in a more positive role going forward. To avoid a bosh from the boss , plays safe and square. He has more than that, and that needs to come through. Has worked on his strength , and needs another step up in that area. But.. he is a talent with great technical skills. Having saids that , how are we going to play ? 

For me he's just another example of a player we signed without really thinking it through. 

In a possession based high pressing side I imagine he would look a lot better. 

As it stands we have played with a low block and tried to hit teams on the counter attack for a while now. Something that clearly doesn't suit him. 

7 hours ago, MATT BCFC said:

For me he's just another example of a player we signed without really thinking it through. 

In a possession based high pressing side I imagine he would look a lot better. 

As it stands we have played with a low block and tried to hit teams on the counter attack for a while now. Something that clearly doesn't suit him. 

not suiting anyone at the moment. when hnm first played for us he was winning plenty of free kicks. if we could brush up on our set pieces,he could be very useful again

On 16/12/2020 at 12:52, Phileas Fogg said:

This ties in to what I heard about Holden 'not rating' HNM. I heard this info a few degrees of seperation down the line so may not be totally reliable. 

I have to ask though... why were you DM'ing his mother on Twitter in the first place ?

Holden not rating HNM won’t be the main topic on here this evening if City lose at Preston. It will be, do the fans rate Holden?

21 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I really feel for his mum back in Paris and having to get a feel for things on social media, which let’s face it, isn’t the most balanced view of things

At least she could read the abuse of Holden to soften the blow!

23 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

don’t listen to the rest of them’

9C26C9B6-0E33-4FE7-BA0C-ED04461E0F46.jpeg

Like I said....  Not all his fault. The Manager and the coaches have put in him. And again I say I don’t believe he does anything difference in training. If anyone can tell me what he brings to the team based on what you have seen let me know.

On 16/12/2020 at 09:42, Phileas Fogg said:

People seem quite keen for Massengo to fail which I find a bit odd. I can't put my finger on why that is, I think there are some who don't like 'flashy' 'foreign' signings. 

It's a bit like those who seemed desperate for Morrell to be 'overrated'.

It's obvious he will need games to show his best form. He's young, hasn't grown into his 'man strength' yet and is still learning the game. Bobby Reid should be a lesson to everyone as to why it's best to give young players time - especially those that haven't filled out yet. 

Not keen for him to fail. But keen for us not to fail. He is not good enough. I say what I see not what I want to see. Agree he needs to learn but not at Championship level. 

2 minutes ago, Better Red said:

Not keen for him to fail. But keen for us not to fail. He is not good enough. I say what I see not what I want to see. Agree he needs to learn but not at Championship level. 

Perhaps as previously said we should play him where France play him. Then we can see if he is any good. Playing someone out of position does neither us or the player any favours at all.

2 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

The kid has somehow found himself at our club slugging in a position he cannot understand.

Poor lad has gone from Champions League at Monaco to being coached by Dean Holden.

Its like working for Michel Roux Jnr and finding yourself on the counter at a Toby Carvery.

Seen this trotted out a lot recently

Yes he played / had some mins for Monaco in Champs League (Under Henry after Monaco had sold most of their senior / better players)

That doesn’t take away from that achievement, but let’s not try and suggest he was an established Champions League player when he came here or we’ve turned Messi into Bas Savage

Hes a decentish prospect , that’s it (Although it appears DH not a fan and I can see him off in Jan or June)

2 minutes ago, M.D said:

I thought he looked ok in the first half but Bakinson made a difference in the second, doubt that would have done his confidence any good being hauled off at half time.

Me too.

I’d have taken O’Dowda off instead because I thought he was worse than him.

Shows what I know then because O’Dowda was one of our better performers second half and came by far the closest to equalising.

7 minutes ago, M.D said:

I thought he looked ok in the first half but Bakinson made a difference in the second, doubt that would have done his confidence any good being hauled off at half time.

Exactly this. 
I was quite shocked when I first saw the subs but then the switch to 4-4-2 worked and I could see why Holden made the change. 

I'm the resident Massengo superfan but I think he's playing worryingly inhibited football at the moment. When he gets time and space he shrinks, which is a real shame.

I was expecting him to be criticised tonight, but I guess everyone noticed the wayward play from established older players like Hunt (some shocking crosses), Rowe (ditto), Wells (slapdash, played one pass out for a throw in) and Martin (fading to the invisible man), and the sloppiness from Bakinson and Semenyo when they came on.

Only Bentley and Vyner look anything like themselves. Sometime O'Dowda, sometimes not.

Archived