IGNORED

Total Sh1te - Holden out now!

old_eastender

5 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

In fairness that cobbled together starting line up is still a £20 million pound group with a few million on the bench

I take that comment. But in fairness, how many of those did he bring in! I count Chris Martin who is consistently one of our best players.

Also in fairness count up all the players starting or on the bench that most on here had not heard of or had no thought they would even be training with the squad let alone a regular starter at the start of the season...

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

I take that comment. But in fairness, how many of those did he bring in! I count Chris Martin who is consistently one of our best players.

Also in fairness count up all the players starting or on the bench that most on here had not heard of or had no thought they would even be training with the squad let alone a regular starter at the start of the season...

I’m not jumping to any conclusion or near to with Holden because of the disruption 

I was merely pointing out that we can reasonably still expect a better product

I wonder whether time on the training ground is just a big an issue, and maybe we lack the intelligence and leaders , across the squad , who struggle without full preparation 

We have a number of still inexperienced players who may contribute to that balance

9 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Do keep up? Cobbling a team together? He isn’t grabbing a few blokes off the downs to fill in my old mate, these are all professional footballers that are being deployed rather poorly.

We have lost to Rotherham, Millwall, Birmingham and scraped by Wycombe in the last few weeks and you are lauding him. Keep up mind! Wow.

Deary me! No one is lauding anyone knee jerk! 

However it is clear we have an injury crisis we all have to live with, its just a fact and its just got worse

2 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Want what to be true? A top 6 finish as the board set out?

Yes I do want this to be true. Do you?

We all want that to be true. But if the Board and/or Owner are talking complete and utter shit you have to think for yourself what is realistic with the squad we have. Top 6 it really isn’t.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

We all want that to be true. But if the Board and/or Owner are talking complete and utter shit you have to think for yourself what is realistic with the squad we have. Top 6 it really isn’t.

Top 6 contender with no or few injuries , with good plan and coaching , and with a few other clubs under performing ......

So agree

What amazes me more is that no one seems to consider what might happen if we somehow sneaked up 

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

So by that logic; the board say what they want but do not mean it and are not accountable. The manager and team do not perform as they do not have to, as the board/owner do not mean what they say, and we, the fanbase, make our own minds up based on where we should be.

Seems a bit strange but ok.

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Top 6 contender with no or few injuries , with good plan and coaching , and with a few other clubs under performing ......

So agree

What amazes me more is that no one seems to consider what might happen if we somehow sneaked up 

Put it this way, Stevie would need to get two cheque books out not one..........

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I’m not jumping to any conclusion or near to with Holden because of the disruption 

I wonder whether time on the training ground is just a big an issue, and maybe we lack the intelligence and leaders , across the squad , who struggle without full preparation 

We have a number of still inexperienced players who may contribute to that balance

Maybe. Who knows. I think the biggest factor in the total ‘product’ is we are poor in front of goal, which heaps pressure on the rest of the team. We could have been three up by the 50th minute, we missed our chances.  

Personally a lot of that is Semenyo making wrong decisions or panicking in front of goal as I initially alluded to.

In my opinion, if I were going to really criticize Holden, is he hasn’t offered a start to one of the kids on the bench, particularly Edwards who he obviously likes..But there we are, transfer window about to open, we will see what happens!

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

So by that logic; the board say what they want but do not mean it and are not accountable. The manager and team do not perform as they do not have to, as the board/owner do not mean what they say, and we, the fanbase, make our own minds up based on where we should be.

Seems a bit strange but ok.

Put it how you like but just because “Stevie Boy says so” you won’t get me going with it parrot fashion. I’ll make my own mind up. Anyone who EXPECTS a top 6 finish out of that squad is an out and out joker, and if our Owner expected it that includes him too.

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Maybe. Who knows. I think the biggest factor in the total ‘product’ is we are poor in front of goal, which heaps pressure on the rest of the team. We could have been three up by the 50th minute, we missed our chances.  

Personally a lot of that is Semenyo making wrong decisions or panicking in front of goal as I initially alluded to.

In my opinion, if I were going to really criticize Holden, is he hasn’t offered a start to one of the kids on the bench, particularly Edwards who he obviously likes..But there we are, transfer window about to open, we will see what happens!

Are you talking about just today ?

Cant agree with that as a general comment - we’ve been producing few chances with a dearth of attempts on goal

in simple terms we appear disjointed , with too few players consistent , or performing above average

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Personally thought the first half wasnt too bad. If Martin scores to make it 2-0 suddenly its a totally different game. He doesnt so we limp through to half time. Minutes into the second half we have a glorious opportunity to make it 2-0 (Can't remember now if it was Semenyo or Wells that shot instead of sliding a pass across the 6 yard line for  a tap in). At that moment heads went down and it was just a matter of time until they equalised. Fine margins indeed. 

Did well to get 3 points from an awful last 40 minutes.

I think that’s a fairer summary than mine in retrospect.  Thanks Sir Geoff.  Sometimes other posters join up some dots for you. ??????

1 hour ago, TomThumb84 said:

There are lots of interesting points on this thread but the thing that has stuck out here for me is this:

There seems to be a pretty negative tone towards Nahki Wells, and resounding support for Antoine Semenyo (when the two are spoken about in the same context). We are currently discussing selling or shipping out a £5million-something proven goalscorer, who joined us when he was the league’s top marksman, from a Premier League club, because we need fancy Semenyo’s “passion and drive and potential”. I like both players, but Antoine is yet to hit the net for us, and Wells is an international seasoned pro with a pedigree. Who really should we be building the side around right now if we want to kick on?

Wells looks disillusioned, sulky and borderline irritated. Ask yourself, is this an irrational thing for him? Signed no doubt to be our main man in the promotion push? He is playing left wing for a counter-attacking, shot-shy, struggling outfit! 

I agree.  Too much made of Wells apparent moods....I just think he’s a “winner”, very competitive, plays on the edge, and gets pissed off.  I’d rather have a few more like that in my team.

A few are like rabbits in the headlights, unaware that in Champ games someone is willing to kick you or cheat to get a result.  The look on some players faces is incredible at times.

For all the slagging off of Weimann for running around (boy have we missed his running, and his guile and intelligence and output), it now seems to be perfectly okay to give someone praise for just working hard. Very hypocritical imho.

50 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Haha, I just posted something similar on another thread, I called it “being immature”.

I’ve said before I think there is enough quality in the team to be performing better regardless of the injuries and some recent performances have been as poor as I’ve watched for years...

But still for me, I’m happy for DH to get a fair crack of the whip with a less injury ravaged squad for more than a month or so and I believe he will get the season - so I’m happy to accept that and reassess in the summer when we can ask and answer the big questions about whether it was right or wrong to appoint him and how we move on.

I am not convinced.

We kept giving the ball away thus inviting pressure on against the bottom of the table team who have generally less percentage of posession in most games instead of trying to retain posession and building attacks. THAT comes from the confidence attained through better coaching.

It was like the ball was a hot potato at times.

Wells' concentration was poor and  looks completely disinterested. Mind you, you can't blame him with the dreadfully poor service and scraps he has to feed off.

I said nothing less than a win and it wouldn't be pretty.

5 hours ago, Swede said:

I am not convinced.

We kept giving the ball away thus inviting pressure on against the bottom of the table team who have generally less percentage of posession in most games instead of trying to retain posession and building attacks. THAT comes from the confidence attained through better coaching.

It was like the ball was a hot potato at times.

Wells' concentration was poor and  looks completely disinterested. Mind you, you can't blame him with the dreadfully poor service and scraps he has to feed off.

I said nothing less than a win and it wouldn't be pretty.

We were getting the ball to the forward line yesterday. Second half it just kept coming back at us. The midfield effort was one of the better ones this season albeit Wycombe aren’t a great side to put it mildly. Defensively we were decent tbf, Wycombe ask a lot of questions when you allow them to and that’s what we did. Kalas, Vyner and Hunt (only defensively) did well.

All this “I’d be pissed off if I was Nakhi” BS.....the guy must be on £10-15k per week ffs and you lot are making excuses for his shit attitude. Not for me.  “Oooh, that’s his personality”........go away ? Appreciate your £0.5-£0.75 MILLION per year that your accountant milks every last penny possible out of whilst 25%+ of the country is either out of work or furloughed, look like you realise you are in a privileged position being a footballer in these times and ******* work harder you entitled little ***** is my answer to that.

14 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Another truly awful performance. Can't do the basics, passing woeful, give possession away cheaply time after time. Allow the opposition time & Space, lose every 50-50.

We might have snatched a win today but not deserved against the bottom side. 

The injuries are NOT an excuse for clueless play. 

Agree old eastender, alas my post yesterday “DH resign if we were to lose again today” went on death ears for most. Most thought I was on the terms or to much Ozzie red wine again. Probably was though. 

We are playing crap and those of which keep stating we are only six points of this position or three points of that are in a dream world if they think we are going to get promoted this season. Oh unless DH hands is keys back to his BMW and gets the bus home from BS3 as quick as.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think that’s a fairer summary than mine in retrospect.  Thanks Sir Geoff.  Sometimes other posters join up some dots for you. ??????

I agree.  Too much made of Wells apparent moods....I just think he’s a “winner”, very competitive, plays on the edge, and gets pissed off.  I’d rather have a few more like that in my team.

A few are like rabbits in the headlights, unaware that in Champ games someone is willing to kick you or cheat to get a result.  The look on some players faces is incredible at times.

For all the slagging off of Weimann for running around (boy have we missed his running, and his guile and intelligence and output), it now seems to be perfectly okay to give someone praise for just working hard. Very hypocritical imho.

Haha, I just posted something similar on another thread, I called it “being immature”.

We miss Weimann massively. 

2 minutes ago, City oz said:

Agree old eastender, alas my post yesterday “DH resign if we were to lose again today” went on death ears for most. Most thought I was on the terms or to much Ozzie red wine again. Probably was though. 

We are playing crap and those of which keep stating we are only six points of this position or three points of that are in a dream world if they think we are going to get promoted this season. Oh unless DH hands is keys back to his BMW and gets the bus home from BS3 as quick as.

Your DH resign thread was a ridiculous one and why it fell  ‘on deaf ears’.........

I wasn’t able to see yesterday’s win but caught up with the highlights on Sky when I got home and therefore couldn’t judge what City's performance was like but was just pleased to pick up the three points.

A win is a win and was a much needed one given previous results and City are now 9th just one point off the top six - a good place to be in what is a very tight Championship table.

22 minutes ago, City oz said:

Yeah, all we need is a change of Manager and our hugely talented squad will be smashing the crap out of everyone????????.

Stick to the red wine.....

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

That says a lot about the quality of our squad

City do miss Weimann. His industry for a start. The guy in the face of the opposition hassling and hustling the entire time and that creates opportunities for the team and currently that’s missing. 

27 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Yeah, all we need is a change of Manager and our hugely talented squad will be smashing the crap out of everyone????????.

Stick to the red wine.....

Well lets hope so that our hugely talented squad can smash the crap out of everyone. Ok we won. But who did we win against and how did we play and how did we not by win by more??

im desperate for City to get into the Prem like you and others, however the odd win against the bottom side and what is it 3 wins from the last 6 or 7 is hardly positive 

Massive injury list, a bench full of kids, no income, no fans in the ground, still close to play offs. I just wonder what football fans actually want, and who they think could do any better in those circumstances. The moaners  on here seem to want us to be Watford on speed, sacking managers after every defeat.... Or even after a victory!!!

1 hour ago, City oz said:

Of course it may be that those who are saying we are only a point off the playoffs were not deluded enough to think that automatically getting promotion from what is supposed to be the most difficult league in the world to get promoted from was just a given. Holden will be given at least the season and in the absence of imminent relegation rightly so. 
The team would be better served by fans who recognised it wasn’t easy and supported rather than just moaned all the time. 

12 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I’m sure Tinnion said that Mawson and Baker are back training on grass. That’s not a bad start.

Indeed, and as I said, 1 or 2. Though I think the phrases "back on the grass" and "back in 2 weeks " should be banned as they are usually followed by bad news!

Baker, who gets a lot of stick on here btw, will need the equivalent of pre-season training so isn't likely to be imminent. And Mawson's injury record is well known.

So I won't count any chickens yet.

1 minute ago, Capman said:

Of course it may be that those who are saying we are only a point off the playoffs were not deluded enough to think that automatically getting promotion from what is supposed to be the most difficult league in the world to get promoted from was just a given. Holden will be given at least the season and in the absence of imminent relegation rightly so. 
The team would be better served by fans who recognised it wasn’t easy and supported rather than just moaned all the time. 

Totally agree capman, I’m 58 now and have supported city since my first home match when I was 5. I have seen the bad times and the good times. I would like to see more good times for all of you fellow supporters in Bristol week in and week out that always support locally and the away ones well covert has put the mockers on that. You in Bristol deserve prem football and you ain’t going to get it under the current regime.

its always COYR from me but bloody hell we do deserve more than the ones amongst us that celebrate a win yesterday against the bottom club in the championship like all our troubles are over 

Archived