IGNORED

Men with no socks

The dastardly red

29 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

Incredibly tight trousers that finish above the ankles. Then no socks and shoes with tassels on them.

Also a satchel type bag worn on both shoulders and a small hat that makes the wearer look a bit like a gnome.

They just need their feet chopping off and replacing with castors.

2 minutes ago, cider11 said:

When I was at school, if any one wore trousers like that would always get the Micky taken about wearing ankle swingers. 

Absolutely - in my day they were 'stay-prest' trousers of Farah slacks, if they didn't sit the 'correct' length on your shoes you would be fair game for piss-taking (even if you wore similar colour socks to disguise the fact)

1 minute ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Absolutely - in my day they were 'stay-prest' trousers of Farah slacks, if they didn't sit the 'correct' length on your shoes you would be fair game for piss-taking (even if you wore similar colour socks to disguise the fact)

It’s now the thing to have bright coloured socks to go with their ankle swingers. Especially if wearing a suit. 

2 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

Incredibly tight trousers that finish above the ankles. Then no socks and shoes with tassels on them.

Also a satchel type bag worn on both shoulders and a small hat that makes the wearer look a bit like a gnome.

Yep, worrying

Just now, Robbored said:

Other than flip flops or crocs I can’t wear other footwear without socks - if I do the soles of my feet stick to inside of the shoe, bloody unfortable.

Crocs with socks is another faux pas entirely (for ages I thought the term 'crocs' was short for 'croc of s***e') - I can't even wear slippers without socks (and I don't think I've ever had flip flops so couldn't comment on that)

35 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Other than flip flops or crocs I can’t wear other footwear without socks - if I do the soles of my feet stick to inside of the shoe, bloody uncomfortable.

Robbo, please don't tell me you wear Indian wedding shoes or especially Crocs. That really is a very big fashion faux pas !!!

Please don't tell me you wear socks with sandals as well.

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Robbo, please don't tell me you wear Indian wedding shoes or Crocs. That really is a very big fashion faux pas !!!

Please don't tell me you wear socks with sandals as well.

The crocs I wear are Yukon Mesa clogs - and I never ever wear socks with them!

12 minutes ago, Selred said:

Blimey mate I've just googled them. I'd advise avoiding threads on fashion subjects with those on your feet! 

They’re really really comfortable. I’ve had several pairs over several years. Not much use on a cold day like today tho.

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Robbo, please don't tell me you wear Indian wedding shoes or especially Crocs. That really is a very big fashion faux pas !!!

Especially on the bowling green/rink! :)

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Now you can see why I don’t wear socks when wearing them...........:cool2:

Robbo, the rule is to never wear socks with sandals. Equally the rule applies to never wear Crocs (or remotely similar) with or without socks !!  NOT EVER !!

23 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Robbo, the rule is to never wear socks with sandals. Equally the rule applies to never wear Crocs (or remotely similar) with or without socks !!  NOT EVER !!

No amount of "Hmm" emojis are getting you out of this pickle Robbo. I suggest you start coming up with your new OTIB identity poste haste. Really this kind of behaviour is akin to going out in public in a blue and white quartered shirt !!!  Perish the thought !!!  I'm traumatized by this.

• Admin
5 hours ago, The dastardly red said:

This and people wearing white socks with trousers. 

White socks surely only ever accepted when playing sport? 

Archived