IGNORED

Team to face The Hatters

wendyredredrobin

2 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

I do hope you are right. But Luton play with a bit of fire and determination, the qualities we lack. I think we will be lucky to get a draw.

We will get well and truly dicked 3 or 4 nil tonight and same again against Brentford with our injury list getting worse and some carrying knocks and playing it doesn’t bode well 

Bentley

Edwards Mariappa Moore Kalas Rowe

HNM Nagy Bakinson

Martin Wells

I’d start Fam Vyner and Hunt but would rather them fresher for Brentford even if fit for this game. Keep this close and throw Fam and Semenyo on late against tired legs. Then try and keep it close against Brentford. A win or draw today and close loss or draw at Brentford would do for me as someone said we have a bit of time until Preston. Cup game I would use mostly kids I think. 

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Just seen this from the Exiled Robin on FB;

Quotes from Bristol Live on injuries and loanees

“Joe Williams, I'm not too sure. He's had a few little setbacks along the way and fingers crossed we can get him back before the end of the season,"

(doesn’t sound hopeful that we will )

Nathan Baker and Alfie Mawson *may* be back to join the Robins later on in January and Jamie Paterson will be assessed on how he responds to his hip rehabilitation work.

Bristol Live understands that City are also leaning towards recalling Cameron Pring from Portsmouth, with Jay Dasilva ruled out for several months with his shin injury.

Marley Watkins having returned from Aberdeen albeit carrying a hamstring injury that means he may not be fit until March, the Robins do already have another attacking midfielder in the ranks.

Sounds like we can forget Williams for the season, not even a mention of Walsh so I would think the same for now. No others until some time in Feb, bit of a farce now. Pring back for cover at LB/LWB , with no time set for Paterson I would expect Palmer back too. Opi ?

With that in mind, a loan is possible, though who? Jan is a difficult time any year, but this year? I would guess that we will extend Mariappa until the end of the season, I'd love Benkovic but I don't see it. We are possibly down to the last standing across the back 4 and our last 3 CMF, loans are probably needed. CMF presence would be good, hard to find though. 

That was Exiled Robins is just repeating the news that Gregor and BBCRB put out pre-Xmas.  It’s not new info.  Dean’s answer to Gregor about Williams was different to the answer he gave to BBCRB, e.g. he was more specific to BBCRB.

Archived