IGNORED

Glastonbury Festival

RedM

13 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Shepton Mallet just down the road from Pilton is a mysterious hotbed of Gassery.  I don't know why.  It's in the green and pleasant county of Somerset, that the Blue few often disparage.

Needless to say, these Sheptonian Gasheads don't actually go to games, but you do see them blotting the landscape in their clown outfits around town.  It might be pertinent to know, Shepton is the poorest and most run-down town in the Mendips. 

The festival site is actually closer to Shepton than Glastonbury isn't it?

27 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Shepton Mallet just down the road from Pilton is a mysterious hotbed of Gassery.  I don't know why.  It's in the green and pleasant county of Somerset, that the Blue few often disparage.

Needless to say, these Sheptonian Gasheads don't actually go to games, but you do see them blotting the landscape in their clown outfits around town.  It might be pertinent to know, Shepton is the poorest and most run-down town in the Mendips. 

All their parents grew up drinking knocked off Babycham which might explain it.

32 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Never considered the question before and I live in the area.

I don’t think there is much in it but my guess is Glastonbury is closer. I suspect it depends on what gate you measure it from.

18 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Much closer. Probably a mile and a half from Shepton. Loads of locals either work there or get free tickets via diverse means.

18 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

All their parents grew up drinking knocked off Babycham which might explain it.

:laughcont: ?

I’m trying for tickets next year. My cousin lives down the road and has told me that me the wife and granddaughter can have a room there next year. She normally has her friends staying but said she would let us have one. 
The wife won’t do camping as her reasoning is if you can’t plug a hairdryer in she won’t be going. But the daughter and son in law went this year so she got even more jealous this year. 
if successful it will be my first time since seeing Fun Boy three there in the eighties. 

4 hours ago, internetjef said:

Scheduling in a iplayer evening of War on Drugs, Phoenix, Queens of Stone Age this eve ! 

missed them all due to clashes 

I was at QOTSA which was good, but watched Phoenix back today and would really like to see them live again (I did catch their last Glasto appearance)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I see on the Worthy Farm Poster that, in addition to Mad Mick, there is another DJ by the name of Derek James.

Was that, by any chance, the same ‘DJ Derek’ who went missing a few years ago and was found dead a few weeks later after an appeal for information?

No, DJ Derek's surname was Serpell Morris or something like that.

2 hours ago, TomF said:

I still find his death very strange 

I looked it up after I posted, and his body was found several months after he went missing, in undergrowth close to The Mall.

His last known sighting was apparently taking a bus to Thornbury, so perhaps passing close to The Mall.

As you say, very strange.

• Admin

I met a guy who has worked at setting up Glastonbury for years, told me he can get tickets, so he is straight into my contact list ? 

He did take great delight in telling me about the huge diesel generator powering the Green peace stand.  Also the BBC took delivery of 20 electric Range Rovers, 20 so they could charge 10 whilst having 10 available, bringing in generators to charge them.  The ridiculous point about that is that the diesel generators had no emissions control systems, so the Beeb would have been better getting Euro 6 diesel Range Rovers.  

• Haha 1

• Admin
10 hours ago, TomF said:

The guy who supplied the diesel gennys was sat right in front of me when he told me.  Maybe the gennys used for the festival infrastructure were all running HVO, but there were definitely gennys on site that weren’t.

I’ve no doubt the intention is for it all to be green, the cowshed at the farm is all solar powered and when the design was put in, it was the tweaked and moved the building round 9° to get maximum solar power.

40 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

How did everybody do?

Got lucky this end.

I won’t relax until I get an email confirmation though!

My festival days are long since over, but I was up early to try and get my sister and her kids tickets.

No joy my end or at hers.

I remember the days of going to the Bristol Ticket shop. A far more civilised time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

How did everybody do?

Got lucky this end.

I won’t relax until I get an email confirmation though!

Having a year off, I did try for my usual group though. No joy for any of our lot, every year for the last 10+ years we've always had 3+ booking groups, 15-20 of us and never failed or missed out.

They're convinced there's something up, that seetickets are favouring certain postcodes or block some IP addresses or some other conspiracy 😁

On 19/11/2023 at 16:03, zombie said:

This hack has been doing the rounds. Also I heard of people known to me who have bought large multiples of tickets.

Someone bought 60. Not a close friend, but I'm inclined to belief them.

Sounds like thousands if not more were sold via this trick, it's a complete joke to be honest. Sounds like they've fixed things for next time but it's something that has been there for years, just a lot more widely known this time around.