IGNORED

Glastonbury Festival

RedM

9 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Now I’m anticipating him closing the set with a rendition of ‘always shit on the welsh side of the bridge’!! 

A chorus of "drink up thy cider" would round things of nicely.

• Robin 1

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Not a fan of Reg at all, but think he’s holding up well tonight. The only thing I’d say is that he (and David Furnish) have bigged up the guests preshow and the two so far are the equivalent of bringing out Rodney McAree as a Bristol City legend. Expecting him to bring out a Britney or a Macca to redress it.

He has in fairness always supported well up and coming artists, but yea, hardly massive names.

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Not a fan of Reg at all, but think he’s holding up well tonight. The only thing I’d say is that he (and David Furnish) have bigged up the guests preshow and the two so far are the equivalent of bringing out Rodney McAree as a Bristol City legend. Expecting him to bring out a Britney or a Macca to redress it.

Paul Williams now! 

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Brandon Flowers do it for you?

10 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

City do have form for it - how may times has Micky Tanner been paraded around the pitch as a legend!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, City Rocker said:

I've never bought an Elton John record in my life, yet I know every one of these songs (apart from the 'special guest') and they are all superb.

His vocal is holding up pretty well for a 76 year-old. What an incredible talent. And that fu king crowd! Wow.

A quick look at our family group chat has just established that my 13 year old niece knew every word of that guest number (big on TikTok apparently) but none of Elton's, and vice versa for the adults.

• Like 1

Always liked Elton, but more in a kind of passing ‘like some of the bangers’ way rather than as a fan. Enjoying this, and who needs backing singers when he has hundreds of thousands of them in a field. Seems an electric atmosphere.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 4