IGNORED

Glastonbury Festival

RedM

12 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

This seems like the shittest Glasto for years?

Artic Monkeys and Foo Fighters, boring

Lizzo great, Becky Hill also but too many average performances from what I've seen

Elton might save it

Friday and Saturday headliners weren't great maybe, but Reg more than deserves this slot and Glastonbury is so so much more than the headliners.

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

No I didn’t realise that as I’m not a fan really 

Always a showman who could put a half decent tune to Bernie Taupins amazing lyrics. I think he is being quite clever tonight by staying in a key he can manage, not trying to sing the higher notes. 

• Like 1

• Admin
2 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Friday and Saturday headliners weren't great maybe, but Reg more than deserves this slot and Glastonbury is so so much more than the headliners.

He’s doing better than I expected and as you say, it’s much more than the headliners, I guess I’m a bit stuck in my ways with music, but always find someone new to explore more from Glastonbury, tonight it’s Cat Burns, never heard of her before.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

He’s doing better than I expected and as you say, it’s much more than the headliners, I guess I’m a bit stuck in my ways with music, but always find someone new to explore more from Glastonbury, tonight it’s Cat Burns, never heard of her before.

Indeed. Excellent day for Cats all round today at Glastonbury.

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Always a showman who could put a half decent tune to Bernie Taupins amazing lyrics. I think he is being quite clever tonight by staying in a key he can manage, not trying to sing the higher notes. 

He done that at AG. Tiny Dancer is my all time favourite of his songs and I was shitting myself thinking he was going to ruin it for me. But he just didn’t go high and I enjoyed it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Given his age and the recognition that he can no longer hit the high notes Elton's voice has held up pretty well. Having said that he's just murdered Sad Songs. 

Yes, a very emotive song (on vinyl) delivered live devoid of any feeling. I think I'm beginning to understand why not many people "sing" down AG ....

2 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Can't agree with this, unless by voice you mean "shouting." 

As per the earlier discussion, he’s 76. It’s not great, and the slower ones make his limitations more obvious. But I’ve seen him a couple of times in the past 10 years when you’ve barely even able to hear him a la Debbie Harry, or Diana Ross. This is better. 

Whether he keeps it up for 2 hrs remains to be seen!

(And agree with you about the great LC. Although stick the Webb Sisters on and I could happily listen to them all night anyway!!)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Yes, a very emotive song (on vinyl) delivered live devoid of any feeling. I think I'm beginning to understand why not many people "sing" down AG ....

Now I’m anticipating him closing the set with a rendition of ‘always shit on the welsh side of the bridge’!! 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

New to me was Olivia Dean. Best voice I've heard at Glasto this year. 

Not a fan of Reg at all, but think he’s holding up well tonight. The only thing I’d say is that he (and David Furnish) have bigged up the guests preshow and the two so far are the equivalent of bringing out Rodney McAree as a Bristol City legend. Expecting him to bring out a Britney or a Macca to redress it.

• Like 3