IGNORED

Glastonbury Festival

RedM

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

He has, he was battling with his tic (sp) which was very evident. Maybe his goal was Glasto after 3 weeks break but it was heartwrenching today at times. He was fully supported by the crowd though which I hope gives him confidence. He acknowledged his difficulties and kept apologising and wondered if he would ever be invited back.

Pretty sure he’s cancelling Chepstow next Saturday. I was watching it, and thinking it’s sad watching him like this. 

4 minutes ago, RedM said:

Britney isn't it

Apparently arrived in Bristol Airport today. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

@spudski thanks to you I’ve just started listening to spirit of eden again. Phenomenal atmosphere on that album. Genius.

I'm jealous of that over whelming feeling you get when listening to that piece of work after a while. Enjoy...it's a work of genius ?

8 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

But not the hardest. That still James Brown?

I've only seen him the once...the ultimate Duracell bunny ?

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'm jealous of that over whelming feeling you get when listening to that piece of work after a while. Enjoy...it's a work of genius ?

Living in another world is one of my favourites. The song that keeps changing between 3 different keys. I love that record. Brilliant live too.

Edited by AppyDAZE

9 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Living in another world is one of my favourites. The song that changes between 3 keys. I loved that record. Brilliant live too.

Great song...sadly I'm a bit of a nerd re Talk Talk and Hollis. So underated by the masses, but so admired by bands. 

Webb and Harris are immense. Hollis a musical phenomenon that ruffled so many feathers. Tim Freisse Green the underlying influence on later music. 

Get past three minutes and this concert is worth a watch.

• Flames 2

10 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Can't believe the slating Arctic Monkeys are geting from some. I wasn't too familiar with their stuff before last night, but I thought they were superb.

Thinking man's music after the same old noise assault stuff from The FF.

BTW, only heard one song from someone who's name I have forgotten. An all girl band with a dreamy sound.

Can somebody help? I enjoyed what I heard of them.

Bit shouty for me, Arctics. Manics same. Foo Fighters, well, Dave should be at the back, on the drums, bit of backing vocals if he must. Ffs Kurdt.

Without sounding like an old fart and enjoying some of the ' older bands' at Glastonbury, and the likes of Marr, the Pretenders, Astley and the Blossoms covering the Smiths, Manics, FFs,...I'd love to know what recent acts will be at Glastonbury or covered in 30/40 years time...I'm struggling to see any. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Without sounding like an old fart and enjoying some of the ' older bands' at Glastonbury, and the likes of Marr, the Pretenders, Astley and the Blossoms covering the Smiths, Manics, FFs,...I'd love to know what recent acts will be at Glastonbury or covered in 30/40 years time...I'm struggling to see any. 

Expect old farts said the same 20-30 years ago 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spudski said:

I know where you’re coming from and let’s face it, the future hardly looks orange. 
But things can change. The beginning of the end started around the time music started becoming too easy to make. Ie home recording, computers, auto tune, predictable chord sequences, sterile sound, etc etc.

sadly, I’m not gonna be around for Glasto 2040, so who give a toss :laugh:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Expect old farts said the same 20-30 years ago 

So name some...Lizzo being here in 30 years time or even covered or even being quoted as an inspiration...apart from munching on MacDonalds and relying on others to do it for her. 

I didn't think the bands I watched in the 80s and 90s would be so respected...but this current crop are so manufactured. 

Just now, spudski said:

So name some...Lizzo being here in 30 years time or even covered or even being quoted as an inspiration...apart from munching on MacDonalds and relying on others to do it for her. 

I didn't think the bands I watched in the 80s and 90s would be so respected...but this current crop are so manufactured. 

That’s my point. 20-30 years ago people our age would say the same about the acts of their day. Who knows who is going to remain popular? To suggest that nobody will is bizarre 

1 minute ago, TomF said:

This is actually enjoyable.  Axl voice is debatable but by god Slash can play a gutair.   

Live and Let Die special guest… ?

Gen x version of Zeppelin, but with shit vocals was how I always saw them. But Slash isn’t bad. Not bad for a Stokey 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I know where you’re coming from and let’s face it, the future hardly looks orange. 
But things can change. The beginning of the end started around the time music started becoming too easy to make. Ie home recording, computers, auto tune, predictable chord sequences, sterile sound, etc etc.

sadly, I’m not gonna be around for Glasto 2040, so who give a toss :laugh:

It's an interesting phenomenon...there are so many chords and notes you can play. 

Most have been covered. Replicated. 

As more time goes by, the less anything has been covered. 

As Hollis noted...Silence between notes has a massive impact. If you can't play a note properly...don't play it. 

Music because of its ' science and maths' really only has so many endings...unless you go really ' out their'...however our brains compute with certain patterns. So it's not indefinite. 

Music like most things we know is at it limits because of structure. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

That’s my point. 20-30 years ago people our age would say the same about the acts of their day. Who knows who is going to remain popular? To suggest that nobody will is bizarre 

I get that...but going by hindsight and what we know...who do you think will stand the test of time?

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Many of them will still need to work, Spud, and today's young uns will need to reminisce. 

• Like 1