IGNORED

Glastonbury Festival

RedM

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Impossible to say. Who would have thought Rick Astley would be so talked about in 2023? I expect you look at the biggest artists in the last ten years a fair few will be 

The 80s phenomenon in recent years has been massive. It underlines how so many generes of music we had back then. Even the Stock Aitkin Waterman types...however the likes of Astley and Kylie evolved for the better. 

A lot of it also comes down to image...

We all wanted to emulate an artist...look up to them. 

Right now...all I see is a bunch of people singing songs that could have just walked out of McDonald's. Hardly inspirational or something to aspire to. 

Rock n Roll was often out of reach...right now it's hardly that. 

Just watching GNRs...great in their day...but it's now like watching a bad dad dancing competition at a wedding...some things don't age well. Difficult when your overweight and trying to replicate the good old days of your genre...but it just looks so ewwwww. 

Then you get bands like Crowded House/ Neil Finn who just stand there...grow old gracefully, and let the music do the talking. 

Hard when you're a full on rock band. 

Guess the Stones are the last the nail still looking and sounding the part. 

• Hmmm 2

1 minute ago, spudski said:

The 80s phenomenon in recent years has been massive. It underlines how so many generes of music we had back then. Even the Stock Aitkin Waterman types...however the likes of Astley and Kylie evolved for the better. 

Right now...all I see is a bunch of people singing songs that could have just walked out of McDonald's. Hardly inspirational or something to aspire to. 

Just watching GNRs...great in their day...but it's now like watching a bad dad dancing competition at a wedding...some things don't age well. Difficult when your overweight and trying to replicate the good old days of your genre...but it just looks so ewwwww. 

Then you get bands like Crowded House/ Neil Finn who just stand there...grow old gracefully, and let the music do the talking. 

Yes music these days is awful isn’t it?  Which is what people 40+ have always said. 

7 minutes ago, spudski said:

Spud, I think you need a cuddle. Or, some sort of serotonin uplift

Just now, Bristol Oil Services said:

Spud, I think you need a cuddle. Or, some sort of serotonin uplift

I think you may need that, not me...I'm getting the best ever feeling of living through decades of music that were phenomenal, listening and appreciating over and over again, going through back catalogues...finding old gems...finding the occasional new gems...I'm so so happy I grew up when I did. 

But hey...thanks for your concern ???

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think you may need that, not me...I'm getting the best ever feeling of living through decades of music that were phenomenal, listening and appreciating over and over again, going through back catalogues...finding old gems...finding the occasional new gems...I'm so so happy I grew up when I did. 

Everyone is happy they grew up when they did. 

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Probably want to leave those two Talk Talk albums til yer feelin a bit more chipper, specially this time of night. But not for me to be telling anyone what to listen to, of course 

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Do they ever play From Despair to Where or Little Baby Nothing live? I’ve seen them twice and they didn’t play it. My two favourite manic songs 

They played both of them at Bath, have to say LBN (with the Anchoress doing the Traci Lords bit) was as good as I've ever heard it. You have great taste in Manics songs IMO as I love those two + Enola/Alone too. 

Edited by Hamdon Mart
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Probably want to leave those two Talk Talk albums til yer feelin a bit more chipper, specially this time of night. But not for me to be telling anyone what to listen to, of course 

I'm feeling perfectly chipper...loving life. 

People laugh...but in doing so look completely clueless. 

The band's of today that are worthy, all took their influences from past musicians. 

Bring it back to today. Lead singer of the Blossoms said his mother introduced him to the Smiths, saw them twice and played their music. 

Oasis...the Beatles etc etc etc. 

My point being...how many bands have sighted or been influenced by recent bands. 

I'm pointing out the obvious. 

Anyone who plays an instrument will know there is only so many chords, notes , patterns that work to the human ear. 

Everything will be covered...and it probably already has been. 

Unless we go on alternate dimension. 

Music like nature has structure. 

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Agreed...anyone thinking it's the Mic is clueless. 

This far into a set the monitors would have picked up on any technical fault or volume. 

No, I mean he’s not like he used to be. But his voice has blown during this set. He’s carrying on but you can hear it’s blown and going.

34 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Lets see how cool you look like aged 61 handing out mortgage advice. 

You’re a bit strange and bitter for no apparent reason aren’t you?

I make no apologies for helping to explain how the mortgage market works on the politics forum - aside from anything else, it’s a subject that impacts us all and not enough is known about it. You’ve also got no idea how old I am - but I would say nobody in financial services looks good at 61!

Just a bit odd. I remember you trying to call me out for copying a James O’Brien reference when I made it before him. Maybe let go of the obsession - you’ll live longer and be happier.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

You’re a bit strange and bitter for no apparent reason aren’t you?

I make no apologies for helping to explain how the mortgage market works on the politics forum - aside from anything else, it’s a subject that impacts us all and not enough is known about it. You’ve also got no idea how old I am - but I would say nobody in financial services looks good at 61!

Just a bit odd. I remember you trying to call me out for copying a James O’Brien reference when I made it before him. Maybe let go of the obsession - you’ll live longer and be happier.

Twas a joke dude.

Obsession? Weird thing to say

Edited by TonyTonyTony