IGNORED

Glastonbury Festival

RedM

10 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

How talented is Slash? 

I keep expecting to see Wayne come along on saying "you guys wail" :)

waynes world GIF

It's impressive but, although I enjoy odd songs, these sort of gigs remind me why I was never a huge raaawwwk fan, similar sounding songs leading into those familiar guitar solos and repeat.

Like I always say about those whittering singers who put ten notes in where one was written, just because you can doesn't mean you should every time you get an opportunity.

Edited by Port Said Red

3 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Pretty sure he’s cancelling Chepstow next Saturday. I was watching it, and thinking it’s sad watching him like this. 

Apparently arrived in Bristol Airport today. 

Like I said he mentioned that he had 3 weeks off recently and said something like "I think I will be taking more, perhaps the rest of the year".

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

They’ve certainly split opinion. Some saying awful, some saying brilliant.  Personally thought they were great 

It's usually about the other stages and not the main one and headline acts who often disappoint.

2 hours ago, TomF said:

As someone who watched it live.. yes Axl voice was questionable but the rest of the band? As good as I’ve seen.  

My daughter was there and said she didn’t care about his voice as the crowd and her was singing. But she said if not singing she was just watching and blown away seeing Slash. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

My daughter was there and said she didn’t care about his voice as the crowd and her was singing. But she said if not singing she was just watching and blown away seeing Slash. 

Vocals don't seem to matter much at festivals if you are there. 

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

They got fined when Springsteen went a few minutes beyond the curfew a few years back.

I watched her getting cut off on iplayer, then watched her go to the crowd with them singing her songs, then eventually going off. Pretty sure it was well before midnight.

I switched live channel and Christine and the Queens was still playing. Did he have a different curfew time or something?

Edited by richwwtk

9 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I watched her getting cut off on iplayer, then watched her go to the crowd with them singing her songs, then eventually going off. Pretty sure it was well before midnight.

I switched live channel and Christine and the Queens was still playing. Did he have a different curfew time or something?

I thought it was midnight when she got cut but I see Del Rey was due to play 10:30 till 11:45. Same as Christine and the Queens. Maybe his feed was on a delay 

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

I thought it was midnight when she got cut but I see Del Rey was due to play 10:30 till 11:45. Same as Christine and the Queens. Maybe his feed was on a delay 

Possibly, though all the stage streams on iplayer were labelled live

Just now, richwwtk said:

Tom F seemed to suggest they are stricter with some stages than others due to proximity to houses I assume. Such a shame as LDR has turned down 3 invites to play Glastonbury before now and can’t imagine she will be back in a hurry despite her being the one at fault. Guess she didn’t believe them when they threatened to pull her 

16 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

15 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Assuming that he did start at 10.30 then the feed was certainly delayed by a good 10-15 minutes. Just before 10.45 neither his nor LDR’s set had started on iPlayer. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, TomF said:

Cat Stevens wonderful set. 

One of the great songwriters whose music isn’t as widely acclaimed as it should be.

Still got a beautiful voice as well.

Hopefully that set inspires a new generation to listen to his back catalogue, so many great songs 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Sometimes these "icons" just have to realise they cannot sing anymore and pack it in. Her band is still decent though.

Not much of that band are original judging by their ages

And the one that does look old enough is Glen Matlock! Joined the live version of Blondie a couple of years ago apparently

Edited by richwwtk

4 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Think Debbie Harry has had a bit too much done to her face now. And to think I used to dream of her all those years ago. 

Lost her powers to a similar extent to Axl Rose last night I would say, but she is 16 years older than him. 77!