IGNORED

Super Fam, Pay the Man

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Today’s performance wasn’t about formation it was totally about attitude....and he couldn’t be arsed today!

Gave us absolutely nothing.  And yet Wells was the one who was taken off.  He at least tried to make runs, give options, battle for balls.

I’m probably way off the mark, but today is the kinda performance I fear we will see if he gets his £30k pw contract.

Unpopular, but I’d be phoning up Warnock tonight.

Nahhh

Im with you 

9 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think play him on his own and have an extra body in midfield and we might have got a very different team performance today.

I have never been so sure Fam is as vital a player as some think, and actually can be pretty bad if not used correctly.

Today was an example of bad Fam, as was 60 odd minutes of Huddersfield game.

Warnock is after him to lead the line on his own, not play alongside a little pacy poacher.

If Warnock expects Diedhiou to lead the line, he's in cuckoo land.

That simply isn't a strength of Diedhiou imo.

He'd be as wasted at Boro as he is here - he is shite with his back to goal and becomes static when played as a "target man". Total waste of his undoubted talent.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I actually think the lone role is what he is best at. All those away wins with him up top on his own for us, I think Warnock would have looked at that as something he could do with his his team

Each to his own.

But, for me, he is best collecting the ball deeper, receiving a return and running at defences, playing on the shoulder of defenders, he has all the attributes for that. LJ changed (tried) him to playing the role he does today. 

He is also a tidy passer of the ball when facing goal.

We've seen bits of that and his two against Huddersfield are typical of how he should be playing. Lumping it up to him to control with his back to goal is pointless - he's not that good at it and the number of free kicks against him when he plays that role is testament to it. 

Who am I to argue though - successive managers/coaches agree with you.

20 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought he tried as hard as ever. Just had a bad game like many others. He isn't one that sprints like Weimann or Wells. He offers other things 

I know that, you know I know that....today he offered none of the other things either.  Didn’t compete for ball, didn’t close down passing angles. He had crap service, at least Wells tried to make a go of it today.  Fam lost his first couple of challenges and imho pretty much gave up.

41 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Today’s performance wasn’t about formation it was totally about attitude....and he couldn’t be arsed today!

Gave us absolutely nothing.  And yet Wells was the one who was taken off.  He at least tried to make runs, give options, battle for balls.

I’m probably way off the mark, but today is the kinda performance I fear we will see if he gets his £30k pw contract.

Not unpopular there is no way I would offer him a new contract despite his recent run of good form....Wells gets a lot of stick but put in 10x the effort that Fam did today.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

maybe they have given Warnock a call!

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-middlesbrough-bristol-city-assombalonga-diedhiou-swap-talks

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Spot on Dave. I thought the same. Couldn't quite believe how bad Fam was today. He looked completely flat, didn't try, and like you said couldn't be arsed.

I wonder if something has gone on in the last day or 2 contract wise and he threw his teddies out the pram today.

Up to today the last 3 or 4 games he's been brilliant, and worth the extra dosh (if dosh is the issue?) to get him to sign the new contract. Saying that though, after today's performance I'm not so sure now.

Archived