IGNORED

Could Salmon make the leap?

BigAl&Toby

Look familiar? Opponents with possession.

But unlike their male counterparts the women make it count.

Unlike their male counterparts the women score.

Unlike their male counterparts the women won.

Ok so unlike their male counterparts the women are bottom but it made me wonder. Could Ebony Salmon make the leap and play up front against Brentford?

Anyone know if it’s possible?

DE448613-AFE0-4AFA-B4C5-04C3BE01B7B1.png

• Admin
2 hours ago, The Bard said:

Leaving aside the shocking word play, she is actually a really good player who is destined to leave for a better WSL side.  

Putting Beard in charge was a good move. 

Definitely destined for better things 

2 hours ago, RedNachos said:

Yep we should aim to be like the women's team, bottom of the league with no chance of survival. 

I'm sure we'd be the same if we got to the top division and had so little investment 

20 hours ago, phantom said:

Definitely destined for better things 

I'm sure we'd be the same if we got to the top division and had so little investment 

Any idea how much we do invest in the women’s side of it?

You’d think with the levels of money involved it would be worth funding it better. For one, because it would be great to see a West Country side close to the top of the pile and success in of itself would be great for the club. 

More cynically, women’s football is a ‘growth market’ and surprises me that we don’t see it as a potential opportunity. It’s also good PR.

I suppose the counterpoint to this is that given we’re in the WPL we’re obviously funding it more so than most other football league clubs.

Archived