IGNORED

Crooks, get em out

RedNachos

I'd also add the fitness and injury side- possible that some of the Recruitment and Scouting might not look quite so bad if a number of the players signed were actually fit on a regular basis- the coaching isn't the best...I fear some young players have stalled or regressed e.g., I also have reservations about whether we will even give ourselves the best chance of getting something out of games with how we set up- and I don't think we do.

However the fitness and injury side appears to have been poor for a few years now and even with the uniqueness of the situation, off the charts this season!

1 hour ago, RedNachos said:

New training ground, stadium expansion, minor signings, wages.  OUTS

A championship football club with Tv rights, gate receipts, signings out record. INS

Gate receipts (or in this seasons case RobinsTV) and TV money cover wages. 
Transfers out have been brilliant and cover signings in (which is a tiny expense in comparison) while also covering the expenses of the two facility projects.

No losses,  no investment just redistribution of money from sales. He's got money, he don't spend it. Get Ashton out, get JL out and if SL doesn't start investing in the club and fulfil his empty promises of Premier League future. Steve is a top guy but he gets away with practically investing nothingr from his own sizeable bank account. He's not raking in cash and then no investment, but he is making promises to the fans that without an injection he can't fulfil.

Mark Ashton, bell-end, absolute ****, poor recruitment, arrogance and selling club favourites. Terrible managerial recruitment.

JL, Nepotism, no skill, other than being a former sperm in his dad's ball sack he has no reason for being at this club.

SL time to invest or be honest with the fans. That's all we want. Honesty

Yes corona is a massive wrench in the gears, but this has been happening in a cycle consistently for 4 or 5 years.

Feel free to prove me wrong financially as I'm no wizard with estimates but I'm confident less than £5m has been put into the club in the last 3 years.

It's time to think about where this club is going, because without the player sales, we're in an absolute mess.

I quite enjoy the occasional rant.

Well done sir.

18 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

Fair enough,  I'm assuming your representation is more accurate than mine. Wages I'm well out from my calculations, I also overestimated gate r +broadcasting slightly. Apologies on that, like I said I'm no wizard in estimations of these things. Like I say I didn't take Covid into account, but understand that it has been terrible for every club.

The impacts of Covid have hit hard but are NOT YET reported. Our accounts to date only reflect the loss of income from 5 games. 

That's why this summer will be like no other in the transfer market.

The simple, undisputed fact is we exist because SL permits us to. It's his club, his money bankrolling it. If we demand better players, more transfers, more attractive packages then WE need to dig deep and fund them. As folks already moan about the price of everything you may be assured we won't.

1 minute ago, Mad Cyril said:

I despise the Lansdown's for not sticking cash into our club.

Now, has anyone got a feed for the Brentford game?

That is one of the more peculiar aspects of the moderation of this place, the share of links to free stream games when the club could most probably do with whatever percentage of the tenner you can pay to watch it legitimately goes un removed and the posters can keep asking without suspension.

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

That is one of the more peculiar aspects of the moderation of this place, the share of links to free stream games when the club could most probably do with whatever percentage of the tenner you can pay to watch it legitimately goes un removed and the posters can keep asking without suspension.

Maybe , just maybe some people are struggling financially and have a view that the proportion of their tenner that the club receive really doesn’t go very far when we have a Chief Exec on £500k a year and paying multi millions on transfer fees , and a £33 million pound wage bill 

(Said as someone who’s dug out what I had for various Club help schemes , in and since 82 )

I cant say I blame them 

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It's not peculiar to OTIB or football, it's perverse, modern self-appointed  privilege. Demand x, y or z as an inalienable right, provided that is one doesn't have to pay for it. Demand instead others you appoint fund whatever it is you think you are owed.

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Maybe , just maybe some people are struggling financially

Nobody, upon nobody on this forum is struggling financially as much as Bristol City Football Club. Perhaps the club should do as you suggest and cease it's funding?

2 hours ago, RedNachos said:

New training ground, stadium expansion, minor signings, wages.  OUTS

A championship football club with Tv rights, gate receipts, signings out record. INS

Gate receipts (or in this seasons case RobinsTV) and TV money cover wages. 
Transfers out have been brilliant and cover signings in (which is a tiny expense in comparison) while also covering the expenses of the two facility projects.

No losses,  no investment just redistribution of money from sales. He's got money, he don't spend it. Get Ashton out, get JL out and if SL doesn't start investing in the club and fulfil his empty promises of Premier League future. Steve is a top guy but he gets away with practically investing nothingr from his own sizeable bank account. He's not raking in cash and then no investment, but he is making promises to the fans that without an injection he can't fulfil.

Mark Ashton, bell-end, absolute ****, poor recruitment, arrogance and selling club favourites. Terrible managerial recruitment.

JL, Nepotism, no skill, other than being a former sperm in his dad's ball sack he has no reason for being at this club.

SL time to invest or be honest with the fans. That's all we want. Honesty

Yes corona is a massive wrench in the gears, but this has been happening in a cycle consistently for 4 or 5 years.

Feel free to prove me wrong financially as I'm no wizard with estimates but I'm confident less than £5m has been put into the club in the last 3 years.

It's time to think about where this club is going, because without the player sales, we're in an absolute mess.

When you got that nice shiny laptop to allow home schooling, it was join with lessons and try to educate yourself, not write random drug induced rubbish on forums.

42 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

When you got that nice shiny laptop to allow home schooling, it was join with lessons and try to educate yourself, not write random drug induced rubbish on forums.

Hope you got a lot out of posting this comment. My original post was controversial and opinionated but deserves respect. Let's not resort to attacking each other. I don't expect to be called a kid, uneducated and a drug user on a forum about my football club whether or not you agree with my point. COYR!

18 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

Hope you got a lot out of posting this comment. My original post was controversial and opinionated but deserves respect. Let's not resort to attacking each other. I don't expect to be called a kid, uneducated and a drug user on a forum about my football club whether or not you agree with my point. COYR!

If your opinion warrants respect, it will get it.

I might be wrong but, looking on the responses, I'm not not feeling the vibe of respect at the moment.

39 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion despite what myself and others may have posted.

49 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

Not sure that any post that refers to the club Chairman as 'a former sperm in his dad's ball sack' deserves respect, but each to their own.

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

Maybe , just maybe some people are struggling financially and have a view that the proportion of their tenner that the club receive really doesn’t go very far when we have a Chief Exec on £500k a year and paying multi millions on transfer fees , and a £33 million pound wage bill 

(Said as someone who’s dug out what I had for various Club help schemes , in and since 82 )

I cant say I blame them 

I can't afford to drive a Ferrari, doesn't mean I should just take one because they pay people millions.

2 hours ago, RedNachos said:

If you want to post such silly childish comments, then you got exactly what you deserve

3 hours ago, RedNachos said:

Your post was opinionated and devoid of accurate facts, so got what it deserved. It certainly didn’t deserve respect; respect has to be earned by reasonable research. 

If you don’t understand finance, don’t comment on it. Lansdown has poured millions into the club every year. You are entitled to ask whether he has wasted it, which some people think. Or whether he has actually benefited from it, by building the value of his investment despite trading losses, which other people think. Arguably he has done both, by improving the value of the sports clubs, while failing to invest successfully in the football team itself.

What he clearly hasn’t done is fail to put money in.

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Not sure that any post that refers to the club Chairman as 'a former sperm in his dad's ball sack' deserves respect, but each to their own.

I'd say a more accurate description would have been 'a former sperm in his dad's ball sack, and a former egg in his mum's overies'. But yeah, who thinks like this?

4 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'd say a more accurate description would have been 'a former sperm in his dad's ball sack, and a former egg in his mum's overies'. But yeah, who thinks like this?

Bostic Bev, our original poster in this thread of woe.

The sooner they get back to their Spoons barstool the better for all. I full appreciate that lockdown has impacked people in different ways, but that opening gambit was quite the explosion.

5 hours ago, RedNachos said:

And you say to Robbored "Bit rich coming from you, don't forget all the shite you've put on this forum"

On 01/02/2021 at 12:42, Lrrr said:

I think that comes back to making the club sustainable, if he's financing all of that himself rather than outside investment what happens when he stops the sponsorships whenever he leaves? The club would have been propped up on investment thats being taken out of the club. Same reason he has interest on the loans so the club is always aware of the money going out of the club rather than being dumped on it one day.

I missed this post but will happily come back to it now.

There would of course, as you say be an element of artificial pumping up with that. However another way of looking at it is that the exposure gained for his new ventures would be excellent.

Am I talking about silly money? Nope- fair value, realism- but this would benefit us with a bit more cash- and his ventures- see Botswana, the Hotel to Golf Project in Guernsey and possibly the Renewable Energy company in which he is or has been a director.

This would boost their profile, especially the first two in the UK. For the second one, given Guernsey is not at all far, getting off the ground, especially post Covid...new ventures can always do with a bit more exposure! Hell it might even make commercial sense to continue it for a while post any departure, for club and venture aside. Talking naming rights, that kind of thing.

Three Businesses away from the obvious HL that could perhaps do with a leg up and could provide us- again fair value etc- with an extra income stream or two.

Archived