IGNORED

Soft underbelly

sh1t_ref_again

2 hours ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

I think there really is some truth in that. Would MA allow a championship equivalent of Roy Keane to be signed?

Yeah I meant it... we just sign nice polite blokes and appoint nice polite managers. All, no doubt, intelligent and in tune with all things modern.... 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

He did try to address with Joe Williams, and I think a few have said Walsh has a little bit of edge (haven’t seen it myself).

Therein lies the problem. Sell three players with a bit of bite/character/experience and replace with one - Williams. (I agree what I’ve seen of Walsh, he’s not that player).
Then add other midfielders - none of whom have “bite”.  Sign Lansbury and sell Morrell. It’s just rank bad management/decision making on the part of Holden (who has the final say on all transfers... or so his boss says). 
God help us if Williams doesn’t turn out to be the player we hope. 

lf you need one type of player... you must have a replacement because injuries do happen but we just seem to sign numbers and not worry about their character/style/type.  For a professional football club to only have one midfielder with some bite is just Mickey Mouse stuff.  

The midfield situation is very different to left back where it’s rank bad luck to have 4 or 5 out. Midfield is out own fault.  

Archived